|Name:||Avinash class SSBN|
|Builders:||Navy Shipbuilding Centre, Visakhapatnam|
|In commission:||2024 onwards|
|Type:||Nuclear powered ballistic missile submarine|
|Displacement:||9,000 tonnes (8,900 long tons; 9,900 short tons) surfaced|
|Length:||130 m (430 ft)|
|Beam:||20 m (66 ft)|
|Draft:||15 m (49 ft)|
|Range:||unlimited except by food supplies|
|Test depth:||350 m (1,150 ft)|
|Sensors and |
Missiles: 24 × K-5 SLBM (5,000 km or 2,750 mi range) or 12 × K-6 SLBM (10,000 km or 5,500 mi range)Torpedoes: 12 × 21" (533 mm) torpedo tubes – est 30 charges (torpedoes, cruise missiles or mines)
The Avinash class is a class of nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarines being built for the Indian Navy. They were developed under the follow on project of Advanced Technology Vessel (ATV) project under which 4 Arihant class SSBNs are undergoing development at present. The lead vessel of the class, is expected to built and launched around 2024 when all the Arihant class SSBNs will be inducted. Though the design and construction will start soon within 1 or 2 years, the first will be constructed at a time of 8 years which will be reduced on later vessels with the gradual experience and rise of the production line. The valuable experience gained in the Arihant project will be transferred to this project although these vessels will be much larger in size, depth, capacity and firepower.
- List of active Indian Navy ships
- INS Varsha
- Indian Navy SSN programme
- Submarines of the Indian Navy
- Arihant-class submarine
- "SSBN S-5 - India's next Generation nuclear submarine". 2012-06-05. Retrieved 2016-08-24.
- "follow on vessels of the Arihant class". indiandefence.com. March 2014. Retrieved 2016-08-24.
- "India reaches milestone with launch of n-powered submarine". DNA. 26 July 2007. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- Das, Abhishek (2012-06-05). "SSBN S-5 - India's next Generation nuclear submarine". defenceforumindia.com. Retrieved 2016-08-24.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Avinash class submarine.|
- [ http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/ssbn-s-5-indias-next-generation-nuclear-submarine.37235/]
This article "Avinash-class submarine" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.