Tavoosi began his career as a film critic and author at the age of 17 [not in citation given] and gradually shifted towards documentary and fiction film making in later years. After directing a few fiction and documentary short films in his native country of Iran, Tavoosi moved to Canada.
A Dress Rehearsal for an Execution
His first feature documentary, A Dress Rehearsal for an Execution in 2013. Using international cast, A Dress Rehearsal for an Execution documents the meticulous process of re-enactment of a photo of execution of political prisoners in Iran. The photo "Firing Squad in Iran"  was originally taken in 1979 in western Iran, a year after it won the Pulitzer prize for the photography. The photographer Jahangir Razmi however, fearing his life, hid his identity and lived anonymously for nearly three decades. When finally in 2006 Razmi, encouraged by Wall Street Journal, decided to reveal his identity and receive his Pulitzer prize, Tavoosi began thinking of the reenactment of the photo. However it wasn't until 2013 that the film was developed and made in Montreal of Canada. A Dress Rehearsal for an Execution played at numerous festivals, including Hot Docs and received positive reviews from the press.
The Names Of The Flowers / Los Nombres de Las Flores
The Names Of The Flowers / Los Nombres de Las Flores (2019) was Tavoosi's fiction debut. A co-production of Canada, United States, Bolivia and Qatar. Doha Film Institute the film portrays the life of a Bolivian village teacher who met Ernesto Che Guevara in her classroom hours before his execution. The Names Of The Flowers / Los Nombres de Las Flores premiered at Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival  where it won the Jury Award for cinematography. It also won the Best Narrative Feature prize film at Brussels Independent Film Festival and achieved an audience award.
|A Dress Rehearsal for an Execution||2013||Documentary|
|The Names of the Flowers||2019||Fiction|
- "Hot Docs 2014 Review: A Dress Rehearsal for an Execution". By Danielle La Valle . SceneCreek April 20, 2014
- "Bahman Tavoosi looks at opression".
- "How a Harrowing Photo of an Execution in Iran Put a Human Face on a Foreign Issue". 100 Photographs | The Most Influential Images of All Time.
- "Hot Docs Dress Rehearsal for an Execution".
- "The Names Of The Flowers". Doha Film Institute.
- "Los Nombres de Las Flores". IMDb. Retrieved 2020-07-27.
- "The Names of the Flowers". Pimedate Ööde filmifestival.
- Aava, Hannes (30 November 2019). "Awards of the 23rd Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival". Pimedate Ööde filmifestival.
- "2020 edition | Brussels Independent Film Festival". Brussels Independent.
This article "Bahman Tavoosi" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Bahman Tavoosi. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.