Barrett Brown (wrestler)
|Born||2 May 1994|
Seven Points, Texas, United States
|Professional wrestling career|
|Billed height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Billed weight||183 lb (83 kg)|
|Debut||February 28, 2010|
Barrett Brown (born May 2, 1994) is an American professional wrestler who performs under his birth name and under a mask as the patriotic character Americos. Brown is known for his appearances with promotions including wrestling for a cause, Ring of Honor, Evolve and Full Impact Pro, as well as an appearance with WWE as a jobber. He is a former NWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion.
Professional wrestling career
Brown began his professional wrestling career in 2010 when he was 15 years old. For the first several years of his career, he performed primarily in North-East Texas and became a mainstay for promotions such as Traditional Championship Wrestling and IHWE Wrestling. While in IHWE, Brown began performing on the U.S. West coast, becoming IHWE California West Coast Heavyweight Champion in March 2016. Brown had begun to wrestle as "Americos", which became his primary persona. He performed throughout California in 2014 and 2015, including for the Santa Maria-based Vendetta Pro Wrestling.
In April 2015, Brown returned to Texas to make his Ring of Honor debut at the ROH Conquest Tour TV Tapings, in a bout against Moose. He wrestled for ROH under the Americos ring name throughout 2015 and in 2016 he made his WWE debut during the Aug 29th Monday night Raw taping in Houston, Texas, in a losing effort to Braun Strowman.
Four months following his appearance on Raw, Brown came onto the radar of the WWN, who had entered into a developmental relationship with WWE in the same year. He made his WWN debut for the Evolve promotion at "EVOLVE #77: A Hero's Exit - Night 2" on January 28, 2017 and since then has continued to wrestle for both Evolve and fellow-WWN member promotion Full Impact Pro.
As of 2017, Brown primarily performs for promotions associated with the World Wrestling Network and the National Wrestling Alliance, where he was the last NWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion (before its purchase by Billy Corgan), having defeated Mr. USA for NWA Mid South in Dyersburg, Tennessee on August 12, 2017.
Championships and accomplishments
- Anarchy Championship Wrestling
- ACW Hardcore Championship (1 time)
- Metroplex Wrestling
- MPX Championship (2 times)
- National Wrestling Alliance
- NWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- NWA IHWE Wrestling
- IHWE Tag Team Championship (1 time, with Andy Dalton)
- IHWE California West Coast Heavyweight Championship
- IHWE J-Cup Title (2 times)
- NWA Houston/LoneStar Championship Wrestling
- Lone Star Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time, current)
- LSCW Cruiserweight Championship
- NWA Elite Championship Wrestling
- NWA Elite Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Mustang Mike (1 time) and Lucha Locura (1 time)
- Traditional Championship Wrestling
- TCW Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Main Event Pro-Wrestling
- MEPW / AWGP Cruiserweight Championship (1 time, current)
- "Official Merchandise Page of Barrett Brown". Default Store View. Archived from the original on 2017-09-16. Retrieved 2017-09-15. Unknown parameter
- "Americos: Profile & Match Listing - Internet Wrestling Database (IWD)". www.profightdb.com.
- "WWE NXT".
- "Barrett Brown – NWA Ringside". www.ringside.nwaondemand.com. Archived from the original on 2017-09-16. Retrieved 2017-09-15. Unknown parameter
- Barrett Brown on TwitterLua error in Module:WikidataCheck at line 23: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
This article "Barrett Brown (wrestler)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Barrett Brown (wrestler). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.