Matha in April 2018
|Birth name||Daniel Louis Matha|
|Born||June 8, 1988|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Dan Matha|
|Billed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Billed weight||290 lb (130 kg)|
|Trained by||Matt Cappotelli|
Ohio Valley Wrestling
Search Dan Matha on Amazon.
Daniel Louis Matha (born June 8, 1988) is an American professional wrestler and former gridiron football player currently signed to WWE, where he performs in their developmental territory NXT.
Matha was born in Erie, Pennsylvania and attended McDowell High School. He played football as an offensive lineman for the University of Pittsburgh, where he was a team-mate of LeSean McCoy, and the Indiana University of Pennsylvania. After finishing college, Matha had an unsuccessful tryout with the Cincinnati Bengals of the National Football League in May 2013 and later signed a contract with the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League in January 2014, although he failed to make an appearance in the league.
Professional wrestling career
Following his release from the CFL, Matha decided to pursue a career in professional wrestling and spent several months training at Ohio Valley Wrestling in early 2015.
In September 2015, Matha was announced as part of a class of 19 recruits to begin training at the WWE Performance Center. He began appearing at NXT live events from January 2016, making his in-ring debut for the company at the Arnold Classic in March 2016. On the September 21, 2016 episode of NXT, a vignette aired promoting Matha's upcoming television debut. On the October 5 episode of NXT, Matha appeared for his televised debut but was attacked and beaten down by Samoa Joe before his scheduled match could begin. Matha was then not reintroduced to television following this, although he continued to appear at NXT house shows. On 27 April 2018, Matha made a surprise appearance at the WWE Greatest Royal Rumble event in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, entering the namesake match at #40 before being eliminated by Braun Strowman.
- From the gridiron to the ring: Meet the WWE PC’s footballers-turned-Superstars
- Tough Enough competitors join new class of recruits at the WWE Performance Center
- Bengals Invite IUP Offensive Tackle Dan Matha To Rookie Camp
- Alouettes add a pair of offensive weapons
- A journey through NXT's big weekend at the Arnold Classic
- 9/21 WWE NXT Results – CALDWELL’S Report on Cedric Alexander’s NXT debut, Joe-Regal confrontation, Aries vs. Lorcan
- KELLER’S NXT TV REVIEW 10/5: Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic begins with Dash & Dawson vs. Cedric & Almas, Bollywood Boyz vs. Authors of Pain, Patrick Clark
- WWE Greatest Royal Rumble results, recap, grades: Lesnar-Reigns controversy, Strowman stands tall
Other articles of the topic Professional wrestling : WWE, Slade Mercer, Alex Arion, Devon Moore, NWA Anarchy Young Lions Championship, WrestleCrap, Metal Maniac
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
This article "Dan Matha" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Dan Matha. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.