Bay Lough cheese
|Bay Lough Cheese|
|Country of origin||Ireland|
|Source of milk||Friesian Cows|
|Weight||3.5kg wheels, 3-400g waxed sections|
|Aging time||3-4 months, min 8 months for mature|
|Named after||Lua error in Module:Wikidata at line 446: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|
|[[Commons:Category:Lua error in Module:Wikidata at line 446: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value). |Related media on Wikimedia Commons]]|
Bay Lough Cheese is owned and operated by husband and wife, Dick and Anne Keating. Originally an attempt to provide her family with cheese from their surplus milk, Anne's experiments in cheese making were hampered by a lack of experience and knowledge. After a number of relatively unsuccessful attempts, Anne developed a greatly improved cheese that had business potential. Typically considered a trade that must be taught, the Keating's are Ireland's only self-taught cheesemakers. They were also among the early adopters of naturally bandaging (coating with wax) cheese.
Bay Lough Cheese produces a range of cheddar-style cheeses using vegetarian rennet and unpasteurised milk. A small amount of cheese is produced using pasteurised milk in the same range.
- Bay Lough Cheddar - Yellow wax rind
- Bay Lough Cheddar Smoked - Brown wax rind
- Bay Lough Cheddar with Garlic and Herbs - Black wax rind
- Bay Lough Cheddar Smoked with Garlic and Herbs - Orange wax rind
1994 Royal Dublin Show - First Prize
- "Bord Bia Irish Cheese Booklet" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- "Clogheen cheesemakers are providing a true taste - Local - Tipperary Star". Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- Glynn Anderson; John McLaughlin (August 2011). Farmhouse Cheeses of Ireland: A Celebration. The Collins Press. pp. 68–69. ISBN 978-1-84889-121-0. Retrieved 13 November 2011. Search this book on
|This cheese-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Bay Lough cheese" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.