Beng Teck Liang
|Beng Teck Liang|
|Education||MB ChB (UK), MBA|
|Alma mater||School of Medicine, University of Manchester, Booth School of Business|
|Occupation||CEO, Executive Director, General Practitioner|
|Organization||Singapore Medical Group, Lifescan Medical Centre|
Beng Teck Liang is the CEO and Executive Director at Singapore Medical Group. He has led businesses and teams in the information technology and healthcare sectors across Asia Pacific and Japan.
Studies[edit | edit source]
Liang graduated from the University of Manchester Medical School, United Kingdom. He is a general practitioner with Lifescan Medical Centre and an advocate for preventive healthcare, with a focus on nutrition, weight management and sports medicine. He also holds a Masters in Business Administration from the Booth School of Business, University of Chicago and a General Management Programme from Harvard Business School.
Career[edit | edit source]
Liang started his professional career as a Medical Officer with the Singapore Ministry of Health (MOH), serving from September 1996 to May 1999 and from November 1999 to February 2000. During his time in the government hospitals and institutions, Dr Beng worked in General Medicine (Alexandra Hospital), Obstetrics & Gynaecology (KK Women’s & Children Hospital), Neurosurgery and General Surgery (Tan Tock Seng Hospital), and Orthopaedics (Changi General Hospital).
Liang served as a Medical Officer with a Captain rank under the Singapore Armed Forces Medical Corps until September 2000. He co-founded Medfolders.com and later served as a Chief Medical Officer at Novahealth Pte Ltd, from May 2000 to December 2002. In January 2003, he was appointed Marketing Manager of Cardiovascular Information System and in 2004 he became the Marketing Manager (Enterprise Imaging) of General Electric Healthcare Technology, Asia Pacific and Japan from January to August 2004. He served as General Manager, Healthcare Industry, of Customer Solutions Group from September 2004 to August 2005. He then moved on to Hewlett-Packard, where he stayed for approximately 8 years. During his time there, he served as General Manager of Public Sector Health and Education, Technology Services Group in Asia Pacific and Japan. Dr Beng also assumed several senior leadership roles including Managing Director for Hewlett-Packard, Thailand and General Manager for Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Services segment across South East Asia.
Personal life[edit | edit source]
Liang is married and has two children. He is also an avid golfer and started playing at the age of 11. His father, Jimmy Beng, is a Urologist and his grandfather Henry Beng Siew Giap is a retired stockbroker.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Dr Beng Teck Liang". Singapore Medical Group Limited. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
- "Doctor disrupter: Dr Beng Teck Liang, Chief Executive of Singapore Medical Group". CEO. March 2017. Retrieved 24 September 2017.
- "Singapore Medical Group appoints new Chairman and CEO". AsiaOne Health. Retrieved 2017-03-24.[dead link]
- "Dr Beng Teck Liang | Singapore Medical Group". Singapore Medical Group (in Bahasa Indonesia). Retrieved 2017-03-24.
- "Teck Liang Beng". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
- "Four Generations, One Beng Family". www.blueskiescom.com. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
- "Four company chiefs tell us how golf has upped their corporate game | The Peak Singapore - Your Guide to The Finer Things in Life". The Peak Singapore - Your Guide to The Finer Things in Life. 2015-05-06. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
- "SINGAPORE MEDICAL GROUP LTD : 20131202T21:01:46Z". Retrieved 2017-03-24.
This article "Beng Teck Liang" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.