Welcome to EverybodyWiki ! Nuvola apps kgpg.png Sign in or create an account to improve, watchlist or create an article like a company page or a bio (yours ?)...

Singapore Medical Group

From EverybodyWiki Bios & Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Singapore Medical Group (SMG) is a private specialist healthcare provider with a network of 24 specialities, 29 clinics[1] and SMG Associates clinics in Asia.[2] Incorporated in 2005 and listed on the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited (SGX) since 2009,[3] The group is led by CEO Dr Beng Teck Liang since 2013.[4]

Singapore Medical Group
Healthcare Provider
Industry
Founded2005
Headquarters,
Area served
Asia
Key people
Dr Beng Teck Liang (CEO)
Number of employees
200
Websitewww.smg.sg

Financial Performance[edit | edit source]

In December 2013, Singapore Medical Group has reversed losses from S$6.3m in FY2013 and have reported profits in FY2014 and FY2015 of S$0.5m and S$0.2m respectively.[5]

For FY2016, SMG reported a profit of S$2.4million with a revenue increase of 34.3% to S$41.58million.[6] The SGX All Healthcare Index, ranked Singapore Medical Group (+34.5%) as the second-best performing stock in the YTD.[7]

On 24 April 2017, SMG said that in the recent course of work, through dialogues with the professional governing body and professional doctors, its management's attention has been drawn to the Singapore Medical Council's ethical code and ethical guidelines (ECEG). In particular, SMG highlighted that the ECEG states that doctors must always place patients' best interests above their personal interests and any business or financial considerations.[8]

Notable Acquisitions[edit | edit source]

In 2015, Singapore Medical Group acquired an initial 38.1% stake in Lifescan Imaging Pte Ltd.[9]

In 2016, SMG acquired 51% stake in Novena Radiology, of which the remaining 49% are held by Lifescan Imaging Pte Ltd.[10] SMG later acquired the remaining Lifescan Imaging Pte Ltd 61.9% stake for S$8.5million.[11] It also acquired Astra Women's Specialists Group of clinics for S$60million.[12]

In 2017, SMG had the share placement of S$15million at CHA Healthcare Co Ltd (CHC) and issued 30 million shares to CHC at S$0.50 per share.[13] SMG subscribed to 32% stake in CityClinic Asia Investment Ptd Ltd, holder of a 100% foreign investor license for Vietnamese healthcare operations at US$1.6million.[14] It also acquired two paediatric clinics in Toa Payoh and Bishan for $25.3 million.[15]

External links[edit | edit source]

References[edit | edit source]

  1. hermesauto (2017-02-27). "Singapore Medical Group returns to black with $2.4m full year net profit". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2017-03-23.
  2. "About Singapore Medical Group | Specialist Healthcare Provider". Singapore Medical Group Limited. Retrieved 2017-03-23.
  3. ShareInvestor. "SingMedical - SINGAPORE MEDICAL GROUP (5OT.SI) : Company Factsheet (Quotes, News, Fundamentals) - ShareInvestor.com". www.shareinvestor.com. Retrieved 2017-03-23.
  4. "Doctor disrupter: Dr Beng Teck Liang". The CEO Magazine. 2017-02-28. Retrieved 2017-03-23.
  5. Lim, Ernest. "SINGAPORE MEDICAL GROUP Tripled since Jul 2016". www.nextinsight.net. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
  6. hermesauto (2017-02-27). "Singapore Medical Group returns to black with $2.4m full year net profit". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
  7. "SGX All Healthcare Index outperforms regional benchmarks". Singapore Business Review. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
  8. Huang, Claire. "Singapore Medical Group reviewing current and future acquisitions strategies". The Business Times. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
  9. "Singapore Medical Group fully acquires Lifescan Imaging for S$8.5 mil" (in မြန်မာဘာသာ). Retrieved 2017-03-24.
  10. "HealthInvestor Asia - Article: Singapore: SMG acquires 61.9% stake in Lifescan for S$8.5 million". www.healthinvestorasia.com. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
  11. "Singapore Medical Group fully acquires Lifescan in $6.3m deal - DealStreetAsia". www.dealstreetasia.com. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
  12. "Singapore Medical Group acquires Astra Women's Specialists". Singapore Business Review. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
  13. Khoo, Lynette. "Singapore Medical Group places out S$15m of shares to S Korea's CHA Healthcare". The Business Times. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
  14. "Singapore Medical Group: Enters Vietnam's Private Healthcare Market With Investment Into CityClinic Asia. - BTInvest". www.btinvest.com.sg. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
  15. "Brokers' take". The New Paper. 2017-04-25. Retrieved 2017-04-27.

This article "Singapore Medical Group" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.


Cannot find HTML file FacebookLikeButton.html


Compte Twitter EverybodyWiki Follow us on https://twitter.com/EverybodyWiki !