Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Benzinga is a financial news media outlet and aggregator based in Detroit, Michigan. Founded in 2010, Benzinga is currently the largest news vendor for North American brokerage firms. They host the annual Benzinga Global Fintech Awards, which recognize financial technology innovations, the Cannabis Capital Conference, and the Benzinga Fintech Summit.
As of April 2019, Benzinga has approximately 2 million readers per month.
History[edit | edit source]
Founded in 2010 by Jason Raznick, Benzinga is the doing business ("DBA") of Accretive Capital, LLC, which registered a trademark for Benzinga on October 22, 2013. As of 2019, they are headquartered in Detroit, Michigan.
On May 26, 2011, Lightbank announced a $1.5 million investment in Benzinga and became its angel investor. By early 2014, the company became profitable. On September 29, 2016, WorldQuant Ventures invested $3 million with the aim to "expand Benzinga's original market-moving content and data service infrastructure."
Products[edit | edit source]
Benzinga.com[edit | edit source]
Benzinga.com aggregates financial news and data, including stock exchange quotes, index values, news items, and analysis from their in-house reporters. Notable Benzinga writers include Javier Hasse, author of Start Your Own Cannabis Business.
Benzinga Pro[edit | edit source]
Benzinga Pro is a trading terminal that allows equity traders, hedge funds, and other financial services professionals to monitor real-time market data with live-streaming radio for audio alerts. It aggregates financial news, Securities and Exchange Commission filings, and price quotes along-side in-house content and sentiment analysis. Bloomberg Terminal is its primary competitor.
Marketfy[edit | edit source]
Marketfy, trademarked in 2014, is a profit.ly competitor and provides curated newsletters, educational materials, and tools for traders and investors. It bills itself as a transparent platform where aspiring traders can learn from experts, called mavens, receive trade alerts from these mavens, and participate in live trading rooms.
Partnerships[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Benzinga". Crunchbase. Retrieved 2019-04-12.
- "About Us". Benzinga. Retrieved 2019-04-12.
- "Benzinga Partners With Chaikin Analytics On Enhanced Trading Ideas Categories". Retrieved 2019-04-18.
- Spencer White (2016-12-07). "Benzinga Kicks Off Global Fintech Awards Competition". Benzinga. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- "Benzinga Cannabis Capital Conference". New Cannabis Ventures. Retrieved 2019-04-18.
- "Benzinga Fintech Summit". Retrieved 2019-04-22.
- "Benzinga Company Profile: Valuation & Investors". PitchBook. Retrieved 2019-04-12.
- "BENZINGA Trademark of Accretive Capital LLC - Registration Number 4421503 - Serial Number 85877316 :: Justia Trademarks". Retrieved 2019-04-12.
- "LARA Corporations Online Filing System Department of Licensing and Regulatory Afairs". Retrieved 2019-04-12.
- Baldwin, Garrett (May 2017). "Benzinga Goes Pro". Modern Trader: 32–32. ISSN 2379-4674. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- Goode, Lauren (2011-05-26). "Groupon Founders Turn To Financial News With Benzinga Investment". WSJ. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- Techonomy. "Benzinga: The Detroit-based Online Investing Tool for Average Joes". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-04-12.
- "WorldQuant Ventures Invests in Benzinga". 2016-09-29. Retrieved 2019-04-12.
- Nation, Zinger (2016-09-29). "Benzinga's $3 Million Investment Round Will Continue To Make Information Easier For You To Consume". Benzinga. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- Hasse, Javier. "Javier Hasse". Benzinga. Retrieved 2019-04-18.
- Hasse, Javier. "Javier Hasse". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2019-04-18.
- "Benzinga Pro". Retrieved 2019-04-12.
- "MARKETFY Trademark of Accretive Capital LLC - Registration Number 4477168 - Serial Number 85877317 :: Justia Trademarks". Retrieved 2019-04-12.
- "About Us". Marketfy. Retrieved 2019-04-12.
- "Benzinga and Interactive Brokers Announce Alliance to Streamline News and Data".
- "Benzinga and Skyhook Announce Partnership to Deliver Geolocational Dataset". MI-BENZINGA-Skyhook. 2019-04-03. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- "For companies who demand more". Benzinga Cloud. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
References[edit | edit source]
This article "Benzinga" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Benzinga. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.