|Alma mater||University of California, Berkeley|
Winegarner has written for The New Yorker, Wired (magazine), Mother Jones (magazine), and the San Francisco Chronicle., Her book The Columbine Effect explores and debunks popular misconceptions of teenagers' interests in heavy metal music, video games, role-playing games, and other culture. The Columbine Effect focuses in particular on media reactions to teen violence. Her work as a music critic is also known for framing heavy metal music's content as a way to explore negative feelings through catharsis. She has a degree in sociology from University of California, Berkeley.
- The Columbine Effect: How Five Teen Pastimes Got Caught in the Crossfire and Why Teens Are Taking Them Back (2013, Lulu: ISBN 978-1304431219)
- Sacred Sonoma (2007, Lulu: ISBN 978-1430320678)
- Beloved (2007, Lulu: ISBN 978-1430319153)
- Read the Music: Essays on Sound (2006, Lulu)
- "The Columbine Effect: Why Five Supposedly Sinister Teen Pastimes Are Actually Kind Of Healthy". xoJane: Women's Lifestyle & Community Site - xoJane. 2013-12-01. Retrieved 2018-02-11.
- "Beth Winegarner". the Guardian. Retrieved 2018-02-11.
- "Teens on Metal: An Interview with Beth Winegarner". Musical Warfare. 2010-09-06. Retrieved 2018-02-11.
- "The Columbine Effect, by Beth Winegarner | Spiral Nature Magazine". Spiral Nature Magazine. 2014-11-10. Retrieved 2018-02-11.
- "Full Metal Parenting #2: interview with Beth Winegarner – Hellbound.ca". Hellbound.ca. 2014-04-28. Retrieved 2018-02-11.
- "Music and the Tucson shootings". LA Times Blogs - Pop & Hiss. 2011-01-12. Retrieved 2018-02-11.
- "A Very Dirty Lens: How Can We Listen to Offensive Metal?". PopMatters. 2013-09-20. Retrieved 2018-02-11.
- "About". Beth Winegarner. Retrieved 2018-02-11.
|This article about an American journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Beth Winegarner" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Beth Winegarner. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.