Billboard of Donald Trump and Ted Cruz
|Billboard of Donald Trump and Ted Cruz|
|File:Love Trumps Hate (28299377706).jpg|
Billboard depicting Donald Trump and Ted Cruz, poised to kiss, in Cleveland, Ohio in 2016
|Completion date||July 14, 2016|
|Location||Cleveland, Ohio, United States|
On July 14, 2016, a Planting Peace-sponsored billboard depicting Donald Trump and Ted Cruz poised to kiss started being displayed in Cleveland, Ohio, where the 2016 Republican National Convention will be held during July 18–21. The billboard's caption reads, "Love Trumps Hate. End Homophobia."
Planting Peace's president, Aaron Jackson, said the act was "a direct response to the Republican party and the messages of hate it sends to marginalized groups ― particularly the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community".
The billboard was installed on West 25th Street and made visible to southbound traffic.
The illustration has been compared to My God, Help Me to Survive This Deadly Love (1990), a graffiti painting on the Berlin Wall that depicted Leonid Brezhnev kissing Erich Honecker. It is also similar to other depictions of Trump with male politicians, including one with Russian President Vladimir Putin that was displayed in Lithuania and another with British politician Boris Johnson that went up in Bristol, England.
Eric Sandy of Cleveland Scene quipped, "As you can see in the illustration, Sen. Ted Cruz is cupping the feathery runoff of Donald Trump's 'hair,' fulfilling the sexual tension that so clearly danced across debate stages earlier this year. Love trumps hate, indeed." Out's response was: "This might be the best way to stick it to the Republican Party's anti-LGBT platform. Thanks for supporting the cause, Planting Peace!" Anna Swartz of Mic.com wrote, "Maybe this billboard will get its message through to at least some of the delegates at the convention. If not, at least we have this nice piece of artwork burned into our collective consciousness for the rest of time."
- Donald Trump presidential campaign, 2016
- Ted Cruz presidential campaign, 2016
Others articles of the Topic 2010s : 8BitBoy, Doge (meme), WWE Yolo County Tag Team Championship, John Moorhead (footballer), 2016 Fort Myers nightclub shooting, Adventure Time: Battle Party, Anubis (film)
Others articles of the Topic LGBT : Rio de Janeiro Gay New Year's Eve, Triad (video game), Truxx Police Raid, Sara Sperling, Queens Behind Bars, Tammarrian Rogers, Canadian Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
Others articles of the Topic Ohio : Campus Area Bus Service, Harriet Belchic, Cleveland Indians, Killing of Ma'Khia Bryant, List of COTA routes and services, Toledo Safari Park
- "Billboard depicts Donald Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz leaning in for kiss". Austin American-Statesman. Cox Media Group. July 14, 2016. Retrieved July 20, 2016.
- Nichols, JamesMichael (July 14, 2016). "A Giant Billboard of Trump and Cruz Kissing Just Went Up 5 Minutes from the RNC". The Huffington Post. Retrieved July 14, 2016.
- Graff, Amy (July 15, 2016). "Billboard of Donald Trump and Ted Cruz kissing suddenly appears 5 minutes from RNC". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved July 20, 2016.
- Sandy, Eric (July 14, 2016). "New Billboard Features Donald Trump and Ted Cruz Kissing". Cleveland Scene. Retrieved July 20, 2016.
- "Donald Trump & Ted Cruz Lock Lips (…On a Billboard)". Out. July 14, 2016. Retrieved July 14, 2016.
- Swartz, Anna (July 14, 2016). "There's a Billboard of Donald Trump and Ted Cruz Making Out Outside the RNC Venue". Mic.com. Retrieved July 14, 2016.
- Wellman, Nathan (July 14, 2016). "A Giant Billboard of Trump and Cruz Kissing Just Went Up Outside the Republican Convention". US Uncut.
This article "Billboard of Donald Trump and Ted Cruz" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.