Blackbird Group, Inc.
|Founder 👔||Christian Ehrenthal|
|Headquarters 🏙️||New York City|
Area served 🗺️
|Products 📟||Windows management tools|
Number of employees
Blackbird Group, Inc. was an Enterprise software company headquartered in New York City, New York which developed, marketed and supported software that helped companies and organizations with large-scale, Windows-centric networks manage and audit Active Directory, Windows File System, Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server environments. Its products were used by organizations to manage both regulatory and corporate Compliance (e.g., HIPAA, FISMA, GLBA, PCI DSS and SOX), as well as Data Protection requirements. At the end of 2012, Blackbird Group was acquired by enterprise security solution software vendor BeyondTrust.
Blackbird Group was founded in 2002 in Hamburg, Germany by Christian Ehrenthal. The following year the business was moved to New York City. The company initially focused on recovery and backup solutions for enterprises using Novell eDirectory services, becoming a Novell Preferred Technology Partner. In 2008, the company shifted its focus to compliance and systems management solutions for Microsoft-centric environments and was chosen by Microsoft as a member of the U.S. ISV Managed Partner Program in the High Potential ISV Group.
- Microsoft Managed and Gold Certified Partner
- Novell Preferred Technology Partner
Blackbird Group is managed by CEO Matt Dircks. Other key executives are:
- Janine Seebeck, Chief Financial Officer
- Carl Helle, Chief Revenue Officer
- Mark Rankin, Chief Human Resources Officer
- Morey J. Haber, Chief Technology Officer, Chief Information Security Officer
- Dan Derosa, Chief Product Officer
- Raj Cherukuri, Executive Vice President, Engineering and Technology
- Dave Giles, Chief Customer Success Officer
- Liz Shulof, Chief Marketing Officer
The company offered the Blackbird Management Suite, a technology platform that unified the operation of ten functionally separate modules that tracked, managed, and protected various activities from a centralized console. In the Windows infrastructure management arena, products focused on Active Directory, Windows File System, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Exchange.
The company divided its products into three solution areas:
- Identity and access management
- Data protection
- Auditing and Compliance
The company also developed a portfolio of five community products for enterprise IT managers who wished to track their Active Directory logon activity and their cloud app configurations and user activity. The community products were divided into two categories:
- Active Directory utilities
- Cloud utilities
Awards & Recognition
The Blackbird Management Suite won the “Editor’s Best Award 2012” in the Best Auditing/Compliance Product category from Windows IT Pro magazine.
The Blackbird Management Suite won the "Editors' Best Award 2011" in the Best Active Directory and Group Policy Product category from Windows IT Pro magazine.
In 2011, Redmond Magazine reviewed the Blackbird Management Suite and rated it with a score of 9.0 out of 10, which earned Blackbird the magazine's MVP award.
The Blackbird Management Suite was named the "Editors' Best Award 2010" winner in the Auditing/Compliance Category by Windows IT Pro magazine.
- Tech companies in the New York metropolitan area
- Rux, Eric B. “Active Directory Auditing Tools” Windows IT Pro, 08/21/2011
- Editors "Company Overview of Beyondtrust Corporation" Bloomberg Businessweek
- Marwitz, Caroline “Active Directory, GPO, and Identity Blog: Blackbird Group Watches Over Active Directory” Windows IT Pro, 04/23/2010
- "Our Leadership Team". www.beyondtrust.com. Retrieved 2020-01-24.
- Shields, Greg "Review: Blackbird Management Suite for Active Directory" RedmondMag.Com, 10/01/2011
- Rux, Eric B. "Review: Blackbird Management Suite, Navigate a challenging AD environment" Windows IT Pro, 12/14/2010
- Editors "2012 Windows IT Pro Editors' Best and Community Choice Awards"[permanent dead link] Windows IT Pro, 11/20/2012
- Editors "2011 Windows IT Pro Editors' Best and Community Choice Awards" Archived 2012-10-06 at the Wayback Machine Windows IT Pro, 12/18/2011
- Shields, By Greg; 10/01/2011. "Review: Blackbird Management Suite for Active Directory -- Redmondmag.com". Redmondmag. Retrieved 2020-05-14.
- Editors "2010 Windows IT Pro Editors' Best and Community Choice Awards" Archived 2011-11-02 at the Wayback Machine Windows IT Pro, 11/22/2010
- "Insight Venture Partners Portfolio: BeyondTrust"
- Pietroforte, Michael “Blackbird Recovery for AD – A sophisticated Active Directory Backup Software” 4sysops.com, 08/03/2010
This article "Blackbird Group" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Blackbird Group. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.