|Industry||Social Commerce, Big Data|
|Founded 📆||United States (2010)|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
Part of the company’s revenue is generated by selling aggregated anonymous user data to third parties.
Blue Kangaroo was founded in 2010 as ChoozOn Corporation by former Yahoo! Inc. executives Nick Weir, Usama Fayyad, and Hunter Madsen. The company marketed itself as a deal aggregator in which users, after signing up, were able to specify their favorite brands and receive deals and promotions via ChoozOn's website, which launched in the summer of 2011. ChoozOn created partnerships with merchants and affiliate marketers that allowed the company to receive commissions from the sale of products linked from the company's website. In August 2011, it received angel funding of $3.2 million and received an additional $1.2 million in venture funding on January 30, 2012. On May 17, 2012, the company launched an iOS app of the same name and with similar features to the ChoozOn website.
In September 2012, the company renamed itself Blue Kangaroo to better position itself in the consumer marketplace while pursuing distribution partnerships, including one with Skyfire for which it provides a service to alert users to deals on websites where users are shopping.
- "ChoozOn (d.b.a. Blue Kangaroo)". CrunchBase. Retrieved April 16, 2015.
- Tom Paine (September 27, 2012). "Deal Search & Recommendation Site Blue Kangaroo, with King of Prussia Office, Launches out of Beta". Philly Tech News. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- Meghan Kelly (August 2, 2011). "ChoozOn Cuts the Coupon Clutter with $3.2M". Venture Beat. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- Laurie Sullivan (April 26, 2011). "Former Yahoo Execs Launch Daily Deals Social Network". MediaPost. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- Anthony Ha (September 27, 2012). "Skyfire Integrates Apps Into Your Mobile Browser With Its Horizon Toolbar". Tech Crunch. Retrieved August 16, 2015.
This article "Blue Kangaroo" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Blue Kangaroo. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.