Bnei Brit HaHadasha
Bnei Brit HaHadasha
בני ברית החדשה
|Founded||10 July 2013|
0 / 120
Bnei Brit HaHadasha ("Allies of the New Testament") was established in 2013 with the aim of representing the interests of Arabic-speaking Christians in Israel. The party encourages full integration of Arabophone Christians into Israeli society, the two-state solution, and enlistment of Arabophone Christians into the Israel Defense Forces. It was founded by Bishara Shilyan, a 58-year-old sea captain from Nazareth. One of the reasons for founding the party is the belief that the existing Arab parties predominantly serve Muslim interests. Israel's Arabophone Christians are predominantly Melkite Greek and Roman Catholic and represent a minority within the broader Arab population of the country.
The party's founder, Bishara Shlayan, said he wants to build a 30.5-metre (100 ft) tall statue of Jesus (modelled on Rio de Janeiro's Christ the Redeemer statue) on top of a mountain in Nazareth. He said the purpose of the statue would be to prevent Nazareth's Christian heritage from being eroded. The town's Christian population has been steadily decreasing relative to its Muslim population.
- New Pro-Israel Arab Party has Jewish support
- Schwartz, Sharona (10 June 2013). "'Arab Spring' Prompts Israeli Christians to Break from Muslim Political Parties and Form New Movement". TheBlaze. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- Berman, Lazar; Miller, Elhanan (10 July 2013). "New Christian Arab party calls for IDF enlistment". The Times of Israel. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- Jones, Ryan (10 July 2013). "New Arab Christian party announced in Israel". Israel Today. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- Bohon, Dave (27 December 2013). "Plans Shaping up for 100-foot Jesus Statue in Muslim-Dominated Nazareth". The New American. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
Others articles of the Topics Arab world AND Christianity : Ihud Bnei HaBrit
Others articles of the Topics Christianity AND Israel : Ihud Bnei HaBrit
Others articles of the Topics Arab world AND Israel : Ihud Bnei HaBrit
Others articles of the Topic Arab world : Ihud Bnei HaBrit
Others articles of the Topic Christianity : List of Christian Nobel laureates, Frederick Goold, Angelo Roppolo, Orthodox Syrian Sunday School Association of the East, Indonesian Orthodox Church, Morgan W. Walker Jr., Ihud Bnei HaBrit
Others articles of the Topic Israel : Israel men's junior national softball team, El Gaucho (Israeli restaurant), Ihud Bnei HaBrit, East Timor–Israel relations, 2017 Halamish stabbing attack
This article "Bnei Brit HaHadasha" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Bnei Brit HaHadasha. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.