Branko M. Šljivić (Belgrade, Kingdom of Serbia, 6 June 1895 - Belgrade, Serbia, Yugoslavia, 14 November 1963) was a doctor of medicine, professor of anatomy at the University of Belgrade Faculty of Medicine.. He is best remembered as the first scientist to conclude in the 1930s that the Serbs are indigenous and autochthonous people of the Balkan lands where they currently occupy not only from the seventh century but long before that time.
Today Branko Šljivić is considered one of the pioneers of Serbian anthropology because as an anatomist he was the first to deal with the anthropological processing of human remains originating from archeological excavations. In particular, at the invitation of Nikola Vulić, who led the research work on Trebenište, Šljivić processed human bones from devastated tombs and came to conclusions about the incomplete funeral, certain diseases, life expectancy, etc.
According to the "International Handbook of Universities" and SANU, he became a full professor at the Faculty of Medicine in Belgrade in 1946, and dean from 1948 to 1950 and 1957 to 1958 of that faculty. He was also rector of the Medical Velike škole from 1952 to 1954. He was elected a corresponding member on 30 January 1958 at the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts (SANU).
- Branko M. Šljivić: Osteologija: posbni deo, Belgrade, 1957;
- Branko M. Šljivić: Atlas centralnog živčanog sistema, Belgrade, 1947;
- Branko M. Šljivić: Knochenfunde in einem prehistorischen Grab bei Trebenischte, Z. Morph. Anthrop. XXXVII / 2, Stuttgart, 1935;
- Branko M. Šljivić: “Anatomija centralnog živčanog sistema”, Belgrade: Naučna knjiga, 1964.
Other articles of the topic Biography : Eleanor Seigler, The B.L.P., Harrison Garey Bagwell Sr., Rafel Toro, John Raymond Evelyn Stansfeld, Alberto Nassetti, Saiee Manjrekar
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Translated and adapted from Serbian Wikipedia: https://sr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%91%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%BE_%D0%A8%D1%99%D0%B8%D0%B2%D0%B8%D1%9B
This article "Branko Šljivić" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Branko Šljivić. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.