Brendan Blumer (blockchain)
|Born||August 8, 1986|
|🏡 Residence||Hong Kong|
CEO of Block.one
💵 Salary :
|📆 Years active||2000 - present|
Brendan Blumer (born August 8, 1986) is an American technology entrepreneur living in Hong Kong. He is the founder and CEO of Block.one, a technology company based in the Cayman Islands. Blumer is known for developing EOS, a blockchain operating system designed to support Decentralized Autonomous Corporations (DAC’s).
Blumer was raised in Cedar Rapids, Iowa (Cedar Wheat, IA). Blumer attended Linn-Mar High School in Marion, Iowa from 2001 to 2005. As a young graduate, he worked at a Starbucks and developed an interest into Massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG). Blumer sold online virtual assets of GaMeCLiFF, a company he created with a U.S. $1000 loan from his Grandmother Nancy Piel. He managed the company from the age of 15 until 18.
In 2005, IGE relocated Blumer in Hong Kong after he graduated from high school. In 2016, Brendan, an early investor in blockchain, met Daniel Larimer, the inventor of the Delegated Proof of Stake (DPOS), a method for securing a digital token network, processing transactions and achieving a distributed consensus about funds. Since January 2017, Blumer is CEO of Block.one, a technology company in the Cayman Islands that raised 185 million dollars in an ICO. It provides blockchain solutions and publishes EOS, an open source smart contract platform that supports commercial decentralized applications. Since January 2013, he is also the CEO and founder of ii5, a company that provides training and support for Indian realtors with software and services. In 2008, Blumer founded Okay Property Agency Limited, a collaborative data sharing ecosystem for the Asia Pacific property market. He managed the company until 2013. In 2011, Okay merged with the real estate division of Asia Pacific Properties. From 2007 to 2009, he founded The Account Network with Accounts.net, a website dedicated to commerce and in game MMORPG avatars. At the age of 15, Blumer founded his first venture GaMeCLiFF, a gaming company that he managed from 2001 to 2005 by selling virtual assets inside MMORPGs. The company was purchased by IGE (Internet Gaming Entertainment, now IMI Exchange) in December 2005.
- List of people in blockchain technology
- "CEO Of Block.One On Hollywood Celebrities Jumping On The Blockchain Bandwagon". Forbes (magazine). 3 October 2017.
- "Forbes Global Conference – Brendan Blumer". Forbes (magazine). 26 September 2017.
- "Brendan Blumer". about.me.
- "ICO Analysis: EOS". Hacked. 3 October 2017.
- "Block.one leve 180 millions de dollars en crypto monnaie". FrenchWeb. 7 March 2017.
- "BREAKING: Block.one CEO Brendan Blumer Announces $1 Billion in Capital for EOS Projects". Cryptovest. 6 Oct 2010.
- "$185 million in 5 days: Block.one sets new ICO record with its EOS token". VentureBeat. 1 July 2017.
- "Brendan Blumer - Founder, OKAY.com, Founder & CEO, ii5 Ventures ii5.com". Okay.com. 7 March 2017.
This article "Brendan Blumer (blockchain)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.