Brian Michael Reed
Charleston, West Virginia
Brian Michael Reed (born 1984) is a conceptual artist working between New York City and Shanghai. He attended James Madison University from and Yale University. In 2010 he created an exhibition of a woman standing naked in a store front window of Chair and the Maiden gallery in Greenwich Village, Manhattan. The woman stood under a objects that included shark eggs and teeth, beads and clay pipes.
In 2011 his work was exhibited at The West Virginia Juried Exhibition Biennial and received the Merit Award.
Reed had lived in Qingpu, China (2013) before having residencies at the Songzhuang artist community Beijing (China) and the Shanghai Himalayas Museum, Shanghai (2014) before heading to southwest China. He completed a series of Lotus projects.
References[edit | edit source]
- Lua error in Module:Citation/CS1/Identifiers at line 47: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- Naked Art: Shock or Substance?, WNYC Radio, March 24, 2010
- Village Art Installation a real head turner, New York 1, February 21, 2010
- West Virginia Juried Exhibition 2011 winners announced, Oct 5, 2011
- "Seeds of the creativity - Global Times". Global Times. July 15, 2014. Retrieved 2018-03-11.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Brian Michael Reed" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Brian Michael Reed/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.