Search Massimo Taccon on Amazon.
Massimo Taccon (born May 19, 1967) is an Italian painter, sculptor and writer who, during his 'Ismahel period' (1997–2002), signed his artworks with the pseudonym ISMAHEL.
Life and work
Taccon was born in Rome and lives between Rome and New York. In 2000 his work was shown at the Langhkawi International Festival of Arts 2000, held by the Malay National Art Gallery, Ibrahim Hussein Museum and Culture Foundation, and shown to the prime minister Mahathir Mohamad.
On 14 September 2010, in Rome at the studio "La Taccon Arte", in the presence of a few friends, Taccon dictated the basic pillars of a new art movement: The "Critical Meditavism" (Meditavismo Critico). A copy of the manifesto is preserved in the historical archives of the Rome Quadriennale in the complex of Villa Carpegna (Rome), as well as at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York. His work has been exhibited in Italy, Germany, Spain, and London.
In his early period Taccon has often been compared by critics to Rothko or Jackson Pollock , and later he has been associated with Arte Povera (coined term by the art critic and curator Germano Celant), and the figure of Jannis Kounellis.
Works in Museums and Collections
Works held by corporate and public collections include:
- At the beginning (artwork) (2000), National Art Gallery of Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)
- Abisso emozionale (Emotional abyss) (1999), White Helmets Europe Foundation (WHEF) (Italy)
- I quattro elementi (The four elements) (1998), Ceri Church (Italy)
- Work Number One: Conceptual Elaboration Cycle (1999), first meditavist work (retroactive), Rome (Italy)
- Money for freedom, (2011), Siena Art Institute founded by John Paul Getty III
- Untitled, Ronald McDonald House Charities (donated)
Massimo Taccon has written and published two books.
- Stati d'animo di un giovane qualunque (ovvero rappresentazioni fedeli dell'essere) (1990), edizioni Beta. (A collection of lyrics.)
- Messaggio dalla luce (Message from the light) (1998), edizioni libreria Croce.
Statements on art
- All my Artworks are the masterpiece of my immaterial mind... (Massimo Taccon)
- My works are collected messages from the soul, and transferred in image to represent an inside world. I pick up feelings and intuitions to reverse them to the exterior, trying to launch a call in this world. What I expect is a definitive inside awakening of whom picks up the call... (Massimo Taccon)
- Taccon, Massimo (2008). Massimo Taccon – Simmetrie: il colore, la linea, il segno, la superficie (press release) (in Italian and English). Rome: Edizioni La Taccon Arte. p. 70. Retrieved 1 July 2010.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link) Search this book on
- Taccon, Massimo (2010). "Taccon Massimo". Archivio biblioteca Rome Quadriennial.
- Taccon, Massimo. "Artist file: Miscellaneous uncatalogued material". arcade.nyac.org. DADABASE: The Museum of Modern Art. Retrieved 4 January 2020.
- Levi, Paolo; Brignone, Daniela; Guderzo, Mario; Mattarella, Lea (2011). "Gli Astisti Italiani dal Primo Novecento ad Oggi". Catalogo dell’Arte Moderna n°47. Milan: Giorgio Mondadori. pp. 403–404. ISBN 978-88-6052-389-1. Retrieved 7 January 2020. Search this book on
- "Biography: Ishmael". W.H.E.F. Department of Art and Culture. Retrieved 1 December 2010.
- Taccon, Massimo. Stati d'animo di un giovane qualunque (in Italian). edizioni Beta. p. 56. ISBN 978-88-85163-60-7.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link) Search this book on
- Ishmael (Massimo Taccon). Messaggio dalla Luce (in italian). Rome: edizioni libreria Croce. p. 103. ISBN 978-88-87323-07-8.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link) Search this book on
- Annuario d'Arte Moderna artisti contemporanei. 2000 – editrice ACCA in Arte – p. 824 Script error: The function "in_lang" does not exist.
- L'Elite 2001 selezione Arte italiana. – Editrice L'Elite – Varese – p. 602 Script error: The function "in_lang" does not exist.
- Catalogo dell'Arte Moderna n.47" Editoriale Giorgio Mondadori - Cairo Editore 2012 (Italian)
- ArtPages 2010. Annuario dell'arte italiana" – Editore: Agenzia Magna Graecia (Italian)
- Enciclopedia degli autori italiani – A.L.I. Penna d'autore – 2004 (Italian)
Other articles of the topic Italy : AQA Holding, Tunisian-Sicilian War, Italy women's junior national softball team, World Federation of Scientists, Skybridge AirOps, Padua, Marcopolo (TV channel)
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
This article "Massimo Taccon" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Massimo Taccon. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.