Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Brown–Princeton football rivalry
|First meeting||October 29, 1898|
Princeton 23, Brown 0
|Latest meeting||October 14, 2017|
Princeton 53, Brown 0
Princeton won the first five games, played from 1898 to 1903. Princeton won national championship in three of those five years and defeated Brown by a combined total of 122 to 11. The 1899 Princeton team shut out 10 of its 13 opponents, with Brown one of only three teams to score against the Tigers.
The series has been an annual match since 1946, as both teams became members of the Ivy League in 1946. Princeton's longest winning streak in the series was 18 games, running from 1955 to 1972. Brown's longest winning streak was eight games, running from 1973 to 1980.
The series has been competitive in the 21st century, with Princeton winning ten games and Brown winning eight games.
|Brown victories||Princeton victories|
- List of NCAA college football rivalry games
- "Tigers Slated To Travel". The Courier-News. October 18, 1950 – via Newspapers.com.
The Brown-Princeton rivalry has been a nip-and-tuck proposition in the "modern era" and the Tiger's ll-to-5 bulge in the all-time standings is only attributed to the five straight wins Princeton scored between 1898 and 1903.
- "Princeton-Brown To Write History". The Courier-News. October 2, 1946. p. 20 – via Newspapers.com.
A new chapter in the history of intercollegiate football will be started next Saturday at Palmer Stadium in Princeton as the Princeton Tigers and the Brown Bears, intermittent rivals since 1898, play the first Ivy Group contest scheduled since the presidents of eight of the nation's oldest educational Institutions drafted the Ivy Group Agreement a year ago.
- "Close Game Expected at Palmer Stadium". The Courier-News. October 30, 1953. p. 26 – via Newspapers.com.
Tomorrow's game, the 20th in the Brown-Princton rivalry, falls within two days of the 55th anniversary of the series' inception.
- "Princeton Defeats Brown". The New York Times. October 30, 1898. p. 9 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Princeton, 35; Brown, 0". New York Daily Tribune. October 20, 1901 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Princeton 29, Brown 0". The Boston Globe. October 11, 1903. p. 10 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Princeton 18, Brown 6". The Boston Globe. November 5, 1899. p. 21.
- "Scrappy Brown Eleven Defeats Princeton, 7-0". The Minneapolis Tribune. October 12, 1930. p. 31 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Bears Wallop Tiger, 19-7, for 3d Time". Daily News (New York). October 11, 1931 – via Newspapers.com.
This article "Brown–Princeton football rivalry" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Brown–Princeton football rivalry. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.