|Founder 👔||Alex Furmansky|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Boynton Beach, Florida
Area served 🗺️
|Products 🎛️ 🧴||Custom stuffed animals|
Number of employees
Founder Alex Furmansky initially thought of the Budsies idea in early 2013 in an effort to memorialize his younger sister's artwork. The company formally launched in September 2013 to a positive reception by the blogger community. The company has sold more than 8,000 Budsies since its launch.
Budsies' target demographic is children ages 3 to 10. Children's artwork the company has received and transformed into physical form has ranged from puppies, chickens, robot, monsters, and rainbow colored hearts, to a s'more. However, Budsies has also fulfilled orders for adults and has created likenesses of video game characters, selfies, and adult artwork.
As of August 2017, Budsies has made more than 43,000 stuffed animals.
The Budsies spinoff Petsies makes custom stuffed animals of people's pets as well as plush versions of popular pet stars as part of its Petsies Stars collection.
In 2017, Budsies launched its "Budsies Market" crowdfunding platform to give its customers the opportunity to offer their customized stuffed animals to a larger audience. If a stuffed animal offered on the marketplace achieves its pre-order goal during the campaign timeline, backers will receive the item. Budsies Market gives the company an avenue to tap into influencers and their large followings.
Customers submit their artwork to Budsies by taking a photo of it with their smartphones and sending it to Budsies via e-mail or text message. Orders for the custom plush toys are placed via the company's website and fulfilled within approximately 5 weeks.
- "About Budsies: Turning Children's Drawing Into Stuffed Animals". Budsies.
- "Kids' original sketches become cherished plush toys". TODAY. 5 June 2014.
- "Entrepreneur's confession: a smile can sometimes outvalue a business plan". Technorati. 2 June 2014. Archived from the original on 30 August 2014.
- "Budsies: New Florida Company Turns Your Drawings Into Adorable Stuffed Animals". Miami New Times. 20 September 2013.
- "Budsies bring kids' drawings to life". Sun Sentinel. 2 April 2015.
- "Kids add their own design to stuffed animals". CNBC. 20 August 2014.
- "Bringing children's dreams to life: Team of artists transform doodles into real-life cuddly toys". Daily Mail. 26 November 2014.
- "How this entrepreneur got his startup 'Shark Tank' ready". Upstart Business Journal. 26 March 2015.
- "Company turns artwork into stuffed animals". WPBF. 6 April 2015.
- "Budsies Launches Crowdfunding Market for Plushies". Tech.Co. August 15, 2017.
- "Petsies Plushies: Now You Can Snuggle with Your Favorite Celebrity Pet". People. December 1, 2016.
- "Review: Budsies bring art to life!". The Charlotte Observer. 12 July 2014. Archived from the original on 18 October 2014.
- "How It Works". Budsies.
This article "Budsies" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Budsies. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.