Emerald formerly Emerald Expositions headquartered in California, is an organizer of business-to-business trade shows throughout the United States.
Emerald Expositions was formed in 2013 when Onex Corporation acquired it from Nielsen Expositions for $950 million. At the time, the company operated approximately 10 trade shows shows in the gift, home and general merchandise sector, 17 trade shows within the sports industry sector, eight trade shows in the construction, hospitality, and interior design sector, approximately seven trade shows in the technology sector, and five trade shows in jewelry sector.
In 2014, it acquired George Little Management LLC for $335 million that owns and operates approximately 25 tradeshows and expositions, including seven luxury antique fairs.
According to Reuters, Emerald Expositions mulled $2 billion in sales in 2017 including debt.
Emerald announced the closure of the long-running U.S. cycle trade show Interbike in 2018. It also published BRAIN (magazine) via the National Bicycle Dealers Association which was later acquired by Pocket Outdoor Media in 2019.
In 2019, G3 Communications was also acquired by Emerald for an undisclosed sum.
The company officially changed its name from Emerald Expositions to Emerald in 2020.
- DeMarco, Anthony. "Nielsen Tradeshow Unit Acquired By Private Equity Firm". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-05-15.
- "Emerald Expositions Events Inc (EEX.N) Company Profile". Reuters. Retrieved 2020-05-15.
- Evans, Nigel. Strategic management for tourism, hospitality and events (Second ed.). New York. p. 653. ISBN 978-1-135-03827-4. OCLC 902673653. Search this book on
- DeMarco, Anthony. "Emerald Expositions Acquires Antique Jewelry Fairs". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- "Exclusive: Trade show operator Emerald Expositions mulls $2 billion sale: sources". Reuters. 2017-01-25. Retrieved 2020-05-15.
- "EMERALD EXPOSITIONS SCOOPS UP EH MEDIA FOR ESTIMATED $28 MILLION". TSNN. Unknown parameter
- "Emerald Expositions Acquires Campus Safety from EH Media". Campus Safety Magazine. 2018-08-21. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- Reid, Carlton. "VeloNews Publisher Acquires Struggling Bicycle Retailer Magazine". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- Anderson, Brian. "Emerald Expositions Acquires G3 Communications, Strengthens Event & Content Portfolios". demandgenreport.com. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- "Emerald Undergoes a Brand and Vision Evolution". TSNN. Unknown parameter
This article "Emerald (company)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Emerald (company). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.