Candy Land (film)
|Based on||Candy Land|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
Search Candy Land (film) on Amazon.
Candy land is an upcoming film.
On 5 February 2009, Universal Pictures announced plans to film a movie based on the Candy Land board game. Etan Cohen, a writer for comedies Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa and Tropic Thunder, was hired to write the screenplay. Kevin Lima, who directed Enchanted, was set to direct. However, in 2011, a new screenwriting team was designated, composed of Jonathan Aibel and Glenn Berger. They said, "We don't see it as a movie based on a board game, although it has characters from that world and takes the idea of people finding themselves in a world that happens to be made entirely of candy where there are huge battles going on. We are going for real comedy, real action, and real emotions at stake."
On January 31, 2012, it was announced that Columbia Pictures, Sony Pictures Animation and Happy Madison were in final negotiations to develop the film, with Adam Sandler starring and co-writing the screenplay with Robert Smigel. In July 2014, a lawsuit by Landmark Entertainment Group over ownership and royalties owned for the characters and story line introduced in the 1984 edition.
- "Candy Land Movie to Star Adam Sandler". Clevver.
- Fleming, Michael (4 February 2009). "'Candy Land' coming to bigscreen". Variety. Retrieved 18 September 2011.
- Labrecque, Jeff (23 May 2011). "'Candy Land' screenwriters: 'We envision it as 'Lord of The Rings,' but set in a world of candy'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 18 September 2011.
- Fleming, Mike (31 January 2012). "Hasbro's 'Candy Land' Lands With Adam Sandler". Deadline. Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- Gardner, Eriq (July 17, 2014). "Sony's Adam Sandler Candy Land Film Threatened In Lawsuit". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 18, 2016.
This article "Candy Land (film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Candy Land (film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.