Carlos A. Godoy
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Carlos A. Godoy|
|First Quorum of the Seventy|
|5 April 2008|
|Called by||Thomas S. Monson|
|Presidency of the Seventy|
|1 August 2018|
|Called by||Russell M. Nelson|
|Born||Carlos Augusto Godoy|
4 February 1961
Porto Alegre, Brazil
|Spouse(s)||Mônica Soares Brandao|
Godoy was born in Porto Alegre, Brazil. He joined the LDS Church at age 16. After serving a year in the Brazilian military, he became a LDS Church missionary in the Brazil São Paulo South Mission. Mônica Brandão, who was from his ward, also served in this mission. Godoy and Brandão married in the São Paulo Brazil Temple about a year after he finished his mission and are the parents of four children.
By the age of 26, Godoy was serving as a bishop in the LDS Church. From 1997 to 2000, Godoy was president of the church's Brazil Belém Mission. Godoy served as an area seventy from 2003 to 2008, which included time as a counselor in the presidency of the Brazil South Area. In 2008, Godoy was called as a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy. As a general authority, he has served as a counselor in the church's South America West, Brazil and South America Northwest areas. Since 2016, he has been president of the South America Northwest Area.
References[edit | edit source]
- This assignment change, for the first time, was presented for sustaining vote in General Conference before it became effective. See this article for verification.
- "LDS First Presidency announces area leadership assignments", Church News, 2 May 2015.
- Walch, Tad (March 31, 2018). "New Young Women general presidency, members of the Presidency of the Seventy and 8 General Authority Seventies called". Deseret News.
- "Elder Carlos A. Godoy," Liahona, May 2008, p. 136
- Church News, June 10, 2006;[full citation needed] May 24, 2008;[full citation needed] April 19, 2003[full citation needed]
[edit | edit source]
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 788: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
This article "Carlos A. Godoy" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Carlos A. Godoy/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.