|File:Casengo compangy logo.png|
|Founded 📆||Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2011|
|Founder 👔||Floris van der Veen|
Thijs van der Veen
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|Services||Customer Service tools|
Number of employees
|🌐 Website||Official website|
Casengo (founded in 2011) is a Dutch company that provides customer service tools for website and webshop owners, available as a SaaS. The Amsterdam-based company was founded by Floris and Thijs van der Veen. Both brothers started off with software named Livecom, used mainly by large companies such as Philips and DSM. In February 2016, Livecom was acquired by Artilium.
When the brothers decided to develop customer service software for small businesses, Casengo was born.
Casengo develops and markets an all-in-one customer support application. With this cloud-based application, small business owners can handle customer inquiries via email, chat, phone and social media from within the application. The application blends chat and email into one timeline; each contact with a customer can be viewed in one screen.
Magazines in The Netherlands called it the "Whatsapp for businesses". The principle behind the application is Hybrid Messaging. Using this concept, customers getting a response through live chat can leave the chat window whilst still being in contact with the company. The company can then follow up through email, because the screen blends the two together.
The van der Veen brothers are the first using this technique for customer service applications. It applies to all communication in the application: customers receiving an email can switch to a chat conversation within seconds - and the other way around.
Casengo offers more options, such as a built-in Knowledge Base that can be filled with any information a customer would want or need to know about.
In 2014, a consortium of European investors led by venture capital firm henQ injected $2 million (€1.5 million) into Casengo, at the time used by over 2,300 businesses worldwide. This news got covered by TechCrunch on April 8, 2014.
- van Essen, Bas (February 4, 2013). "Casengo in Sprout Magazine". Sprout Magazine. Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- Hoofd van Huysduynen, Marcel (October 1, 2012). "Brothers aim for growth with chat software for SMBs". Financial Times. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- Parker, Denise (October 3, 2012). "Finally: a Groovy App to Support Today's Customers". PRWEB.com. Retrieved April 3, 2013.
- Editorial Emerce (October 3, 2012). "Start up launches Whatsapp for businesses". Emerce.nl. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- "Hybrid Messaging, the solution to online service problems". Casengo. September 26, 2012. Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- Casengo (March 29, 2013). "WordPress Plugin for Casengo". WordPress. Retrieved March 29, 2013.
- "New Casengo Plugins". Casengo. September 26, 2012. Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- Butchner, Mike (April 8, 2014). "Casengo on Techcrunch". Techcrunch. Retrieved April 10, 2014.
This article "Casengo" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.