|Founders 👔||Reeju Datta & Akash Sinha|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|Products 📟||Payment Gateway, Payouts, Autocollect, UPI stack, Bank Account Verification, Marketplace Settlement, Cashgram, Subscriptions|
Number of employees
Cashfree was founded in 2015 by IIT Kharagpur graduate Reeju Datta and IIIT Hyderabad graduate Akash Sinha. It was registered under the trading name Pasfar Technologies Private Ltd. In 2018, the company was renamed as Cashfree Payments India Private Limited.
Cashfree allows online businesses to accept and disburse payments through several payment modes like net banking, debit cards, credit cards, UPI and prepaid and postpaid digital wallets like Ola Money Postpaid.
Cashfree was incubated by PayPal and was part of the summer batch of Y Combinator's startup program in 2017. Cashfree was one of the top four startups selected by PayPal for PayPal Start Tank Incubator Programme 2015. Cashfree raised a total of $5.5 million in Series A funding led by South Korean venture capital firm Smilegate Investments and with participation from Y Combinator, Cabra VC, 9Yards Capital, Musha Ventures.
Cashfree has also integrated with payment platforms like Amazon Pay, PhonePe, Ola Money Postpaid, ePayLater and LazyPay to offer wide choice of payment modes and Pay Later feature to the consumers.
- "Cashing in: 7 payment gateways for small businesses". The Economic Times. 4 May 2019.
- Law, Abhishek. "With its instant payment solution, Cashfree will tap e-commerce players". @businessline.
- https://www.asianage.com/technology/in-other-news/060919/a-payment-gateway-that-allows-instant-refunds.html. Missing or empty
- "Cashfree partners Ola Money to launch Pay Later feature - ETtech". ETtech.com.
- "Y Combinator Company List". yclist.com.
- "PayPal Selects Four FinTech Startups For Start Tank India Incubator Programme". Inc42 Media. 3 November 2015.
- "All 50 startups from Y Combinator's Summer 2017 Demo Day 1". TechCrunch.
- "Paypal-backed Cashfree raises $5.5 m from investors". Zee Business. 9 April 2019.
- "Payment Gateway India - Simple Credit Card Processing Setup". Shopify.
- "Cashfree Payment Gateway". marketplace.magento.com.
- Bhakta, Pratik (20 October 2017). "Bengaluru-based Cashfree banks on bulk transfers". The Economic Times.
- "Amazon Pay Cashfree offer T&C: November @ Amazon.in". www.amazon.in.
- "PhonePe inks deal, rolls out various offers; this is how you benefit". Zee Business. 22 January 2019.
- Bhakta, Pratik (18 December 2018). "ePayLater partners with Cashfree to introduce pay later options for their merchants". The Economic Times.
This article "Cashfree" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Cashfree. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.