This biography of a living person includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (April 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Subject||Letters, books and memoirs about Zimbabwe|
Catherine Buckle or Cathy Buckle (born 1957) is a Zimbabwean writer and blogger living in Marondera, Zimbabwe.
She and her former husband bought "Stow Farm" in Marondera in 1990 and managed to make the farm productive and viable. However, on March 2000, their farm was lost when it got squatted by former guerrilla members. This happened, in part, due to a 1980 reform that aimed to give lands to homeless families in Zimbabwe.
She trained as a social worker at the University of Rhodesia and graduated in Social Work in 1979. She later trained as a librarian and worked as the School Librarian and Head Counsellor at a Harare girls senior school.
Buckle has written four books for children, one of which was selected as a set book in 2017 for English Literature students in Zimbabwean senior schools. In 2001, African Tears, the non fiction account of Zimbabwe's land invasions, was re-published in South Africa by Jonathan Ball Books; it was serialized in the UK's The Sunday Times and South Africa's Femina magazine and Rapport newspaper. Beyond Tears chronicles eyewitness accounts of anarchy, harassment and intimidation in Zimbabwe between 2000 and 2002. In 2009, Innocent Victims: Rescuing the Stranded Animals of Zimbabwe's Farm Invasions was published by Merlin Unwin in the UK. Buckle has published a series of four books of her collected Letters From Zimbabwe: "Can You Hear the Drums 2000 - 2004", "Millions, Billions, Trillions 2005 - 2009", "When Winners are Losers 2009 - 2013", "Finding Our Voices 2013 - 2017". Her story of a Zimbabwean's encounters in the Diaspora "Sleeping Like a Hare" was published in 2015. Her wildlife and conservation memoirs include: "Imire. The Life and Time of Norman Travers" (2010) and "Rundi. Hand rearing baby elephants" (2016).
- African Tears (2001) 
- African Years: The Zimbabwe Land Invasions (2001)
- Innocent Victims: Rescuing the Stranded Animals of Zimbabwe's Farm Invasions (2009)
- Letters From Zimbabwe
- Millions, Billions, Trillions
- Sleeping Like A Hare
- Beyond Tears (2018)
- Finding Our Voices (2018)
- When Winners are Losers (2018)
- Surviving Zimbabwe (2020)
- Cattermole, Elizabeth Jacobs (2005). Refashioning colonial origins: alternatives for Zimbabwean national identity in the work of Alexandra Fuller and Catherine Buckle (Thesis). OCLC 64388654.
- Gonye, Jairos (August 2020). "Interpreting Zimbabwe's Third Chimurenga Through Kongonya: Representations of Post-2000 Zimbabwean Dance in Buckle's Beyond Tears: Zimbabwe's Tragedy and Mtizira's Chimurenga Protocol". Dance Research Journal. 52 (2): 26–40. doi:10.1017/S0149767720000157. ISSN 0149-7677.
- Manase, Irikidzayi (2011-07-01). "Imagining Post-2000 Zimbabwean Perceptions of Land and Notions on Identities in Catherine Buckle's African Tears: The Zimbabwe Land Invasions". Journal of Literary Studies. 27 (2): 26–37. doi:10.1080/02564718.2011.580650. ISSN 0256-4718. Unknown parameter
- Manase, Irikidzayi (2016-12-29). White Narratives: The depiction of post-2000 land invasions in Zimbabwe. NISC (Pty) Ltd. doi:10.2307/j.ctvhn0dgr. ISBN 978-1-920033-48-4. JSTOR j.ctvhn0dgr. Search this book on
- Pilossof, Rory (September 2009). "The Unbearable Whiteness of Being: Land, Race and Belonging in the Memoirs of White Zimbabweans". South African Historical Journal. 61 (3): 621–638. doi:10.1080/02582470903189899. ISSN 0258-2473. Unknown parameter
- Shaw, Angus (14 March 2000). "Land Ownership Vexing Zimbabwe". The Salt Lake Tribune. Salt Lake City, Utah. p. A10.
- African Tears: The Zimbabwe Land Invasions
- Sibanda, Bhekimpilo (2001). "Book Review: "African Years: The Zimbabwe Land Invasions," by Catherine Buckle". Critical Arts. 15 (1–2): 174–176. doi:10.1080/02560240185310141. Unknown parameter
- "Book reviews". The African Book Publishing Record. 15 (3): 175–198. 1989. doi:10.1515/abpr.19188.8.131.52. ISSN 0306-0322.
- Windrich, Elaine (December 2002). "Then and now: Reflections on how Mugabe rules Zimbabwe". Third World Quarterly. 23 (6): 1181–1188. doi:10.1080/0143659022000036586. ISSN 0143-6597. Unknown parameter
Other articles of the topic Children's literature : Witch & Wizard: The Fire, Witch & Wizard: The Gift, Bridget Renee Kendall, Stan Lee (Judge Dredd), The Wreck of the Zephyr, Tony De Saulles, Joey Pigza
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
This article "Catherine Buckle" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Catherine Buckle. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.