|Dr Catrin Rutland|
|Born||January 25, 1978|
|Alma mater||University of Nottingham |
|Known for||Expert in anatomy and genetics|
Catrin Rutland BSc MSc MMedSci PhD PGCHE FAS SFHEA is a British anatomist and geneticist . She is an author of university academic textbooks and over 200 journal and conference publications and papers.
Rutland is a member or Fellow of a number of academic Societies including European Association of Veterinary Anatomists, Anatomical Society (Fellow), Galton Institute (Fellow), Higher Education Academy (Senior Fellow), Society for Reproduction and Fertility and the British Society for Developmental Biology.
In 2017 she was part of a team who published with the Federal University of Kazan and Moscow State Academy showing the first ever trial of gene therapy to cure horses with lameness which was caused by ligament and tendon damage.
Her group and collaborators have also published a number of works on cardiovascular disease in humans including finding genes associated with cardiomyopathies. She also works towards understanding heart disease in dogs. In addition to her publications on cardiovascular disease, Dr Rutland has published works on cancer biology and therapeutics, anatomy and education.
Rutland has extended her writing to fiction in both science fiction and horror genres. Her work is included in eight published anthologies with several more books in production.
[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topics Biography AND Science : List of Muslim scientists
Others articles of the Topic Britain : Robin Heath
Others articles of the Topic Biography : William G. Stewart (Louisiana), Troyce Guice, W. E. Whetstone, Lorenzo Vicente, Buddy Tudor, Noor Al Suwaidi, Larry C. Brewer
Others articles of the Topic Science : Franck Zal, Canadian Centre for Alternatives to Animal Methods, OhChouette, /r/science, Light descriptions of the phenomenon according to the latest physics, Taraneh Javanbakht, List of Muslim scientists
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- official website |https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/vet/people/catrin.rutland
- official website |https://catrinrutland.weebly.com/books.html
References[edit | edit source]
References reduced from 47 to 14 as suggested, thank you for reviewing.[edit | edit source]
Daily mail reference removed.[edit | edit source]
This article "Catrin Rutland" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Catrin Rutland. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- "Catrin Rutland - The University of Nottingham". www.nottingham.ac.uk.
- Kovac, Milomir; Litvin, Yaroslav A.; Aliev, Ruslan O.; Zakirova, Elena Yu; Rutland, Catrin S.; Kiyasov, Andrey P.; Rizvanov, Albert A. (14 April 2018). "Gene Therapy Using Plasmid DNA Encoding Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor 164 and Fibroblast Growth Factor 2 Genes for the Treatment of Horse Tendinitis and Desmitis: Case Reports". Frontiers in Veterinary Science. 4: 168. doi:10.3389/fvets.2017.00168. PMC 5641304. PMID 29067288.
- Knapton, Sarah (18 October 2017). "Fallen racehorses could be spared from euthanasia as scientists cure lameness with DNA injections". The Telegraph – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- Simpson, Siobhan; Rutland, Paul; Rutland, Catrin Sian (21 March 2017). "Genomic Insights into Cardiomyopathies: A Comparative Cross-Species Review". Veterinary Sciences. 4 (1): 19. doi:10.3390/vetsci4010019. PMC 5606618. PMID 29056678.
- England, Jennifer; Granados-Riveron, Javier; Polo-Parada, Luis; Kuriakose, Diji; Moore, Christopher; Brook, J. David; Rutland, Catrin S; Setchfield, Kerry; Gell, Christopher; Ghosh, Tushar K; Bu'Lock, Frances; Thornborough, Christopher; Ehler, Elisabeth; Loughna, Siobhan (1 May 2017). "Tropomyosin 1: Multiple roles in the developing heart and in the formation of congenital heart defects". Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology. 106: 1–13. doi:10.1016/j.yjmcc.2017.03.006. PMC 5441184. PMID 28359939.
- England, Jennifer; Loughna, Siobhan; Rutland, Catrin Sian (7 July 2017). "Multiple Species Comparison of Cardiac Troponin T and Dystrophin: Unravelling the DNA behind Dilated Cardiomyopathy". Journal of Cardiovascular Development and Disease. 4 (3): 8. doi:10.3390/jcdd4030008. PMC 5715711. PMID 29367539.
- Ghosh, Tushar K; Aparicio-Sánchez, José J; Buxton, Sarah; Ketley, Ami; Mohamed, Tasabeeh; Rutland, Catrin S; Loughna, Siobhan; Brook, J. David (1 January 2018). "Acetylation of TBX5 by KAT2B and KAT2A regulates heart and limb development". Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology. 114: 185–198. doi:10.1016/j.yjmcc.2017.11.013. PMID 29174768.
- Rutland, Catrin Sian; Polo-Parada, Luis; Ehler, Elisabeth; Alibhai, Aziza; Thorpe, Aaran; Suren, Suganthi; Emes, Richard D.; Patel, Bhakti; Loughna, Siobhan (15 September 2011). "Knockdown of embryonic myosin heavy chain reveals an essential role in the morphology and function of the developing heart". Development. 138 (18): 3955–3966. doi:10.1242/dev.059063. PMC 3160091. PMID 21862559.
- Walsh, R.; Rutland, C.; Thomas, R.; Loughna, S. (14 April 2018). "Cardiomyopathy: A Systematic Review of Disease-Causing Mutations in Myosin Heavy Chain 7 and Their Phenotypic Manifestations". Cardiology. 115 (1): 49–60. doi:10.1159/000252808. PMID 19864899.
- Rutland, Catrin; Warner, Louise; Thorpe, Aaran; Alibhai, Aziza; Robinson, Thelma; Shaw, Barry; Layfield, Robert; Brook, J. David; Loughna, Siobhan (1 June 2009). "Knockdown of alpha myosin heavy chain disrupts the cytoskeleton and leads to multiple defects during chick cardiogenesis". Journal of Anatomy. 214 (6): 905–915. doi:10.1111/j.1469-7580.2009.01079.x. PMC 2705299. PMID 19538634.
- Simpson, Siobhan; Dunning, Mark D.; Brownlie, Serena; Patel, Janika; Godden, Megan; Cobb, Malcolm; Mongan, Nigel P.; Rutland, Catrin S. (14 April 2018). "Multiple Genetic Associations with Irish Wolfhound Dilated Cardiomyopathy". BioMed Research International. 2016: 6374082. doi:10.1155/2016/6374082. PMC 5187458. PMID 28070514.
- Simpson, Siobhan; Edwards, Jennifer; Emes, Richard D.; Cobb, Malcolm A.; Mongan, Nigel P.; Rutland, Catrin S. (26 March 2015). "A predictive model for canine dilated cardiomyopathy—a meta-analysis of Doberman Pinscher data". PeerJ. 3: e842. doi:10.7717/peerj.842. PMC 4380154. PMID 25834770.
- Simpson, Siobhan; Edwards, Jennifer; Ferguson-Mignan, Thomas F. N.; Cobb, Malcolm; Mongan, Nigel P.; Rutland, Catrin S. (14 April 2018). "Genetics of Human and Canine Dilated Cardiomyopathy". International Journal of Genomics. 2015: 204823. doi:10.1155/2015/204823. PMC 4525455. PMID 26266250.