Dr Catrin Rutland
|Dr Catrin Rutland|
|Born||January 25, 1978|
|🎓 Alma mater||University of Nottingham|
Catrin Rutland is a British anatomist and geneticist. She is an associate professor of Anatomy and Developmental Genetic in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Science at the University of Nottingham in the United Kingdom where she's authored textbooks and over 200 journal and conference publications and papers.
In 2017 she was part of a team who showed the first ever trial of gene therapy to cure horses with lameness which was caused by ligament and tendon damage.
Her group and collaborators have also published on cardiovascular disease in humans including finding genes associated with cardiomyopathies. She also works towards understanding heart disease in dogs. In addition to her publications on cardiovascular disease, Dr Rutland has published works on cancer biology and therapeutics, anatomy and education.
Rutland has extended her writing to fiction in both science fiction and horror genres. Her work is included in eight published anthologies with several more books in production. In 2019 she co-authored a book on horses covering thousands of years of history and ties to humans.
Other articles of the topics Biography AND Science : List of Muslim scientists, List of Filipino academicians and scientists trained in Germany, Balaji S. Kumar, Nikola Lonchar
Other articles of the topic Britain : Robin Heath
Other articles of the topic Biography : Big Drip, Robert T. Tobin, Eugene P. Campbell, Draft:Lukas O'Neall, Anil Kapoor, Fritz Guy, Joseph Barton Elam Jr.
Other articles of the topic Science : List of discoveries by disciplines, Sudanese Women in Science Organization, Philosophy of environment, List of Filipino academicians and scientists trained in Germany, RAE (journal), Πρότυπο:Μοριακή αυτοσυναρμολόγηση, OhChouette
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- official website https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/vet/people/catrin.rutland
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Catrin Rutland - The University of Nottingham". www.nottingham.ac.uk.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Knapton, Sarah (18 October 2017). "Fallen racehorses could be spared from euthanasia as scientists cure lameness with DNA injections". The Telegraph. London: Telegraph Media Group. Retrieved 4 December 2019.
- ↑ Kovac, Milomir; Litvin, Yaroslav A.; Aliev, Ruslan O.; Zakirova, Elena Yu; Rutland, Catrin S.; Kiyasov, Andrey P.; Rizvanov, Albert A. (14 April 2018). "Gene Therapy Using Plasmid DNA Encoding Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor 164 and Fibroblast Growth Factor 2 Genes for the Treatment of Horse Tendinitis and Desmitis: Case Reports". Frontiers in Veterinary Science. 4: 168. doi:10.3389/fvets.2017.00168. PMC 5641304. PMID 29067288.
- ↑ Simpson, Siobhan; Rutland, Paul; Rutland, Catrin Sian (21 March 2017). "Genomic Insights into Cardiomyopathies: A Comparative Cross-Species Review". Veterinary Sciences. 4 (1): 19. doi:10.3390/vetsci4010019. PMC 5606618. PMID 29056678.
- ↑ England, Jennifer; Granados-Riveron, Javier; Polo-Parada, Luis; Kuriakose, Diji; Moore, Christopher; Brook, J David; Rutland, Catrin S; Setchfield, Kerry; Gell, Christopher; Ghosh, Tushar K; Bu'Lock, Frances; Thornborough, Christopher; Ehler, Elisabeth; Loughna, Siobhan (1 May 2017). "Tropomyosin 1: Multiple roles in the developing heart and in the formation of congenital heart defects". Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology. 106: 1–13. doi:10.1016/j.yjmcc.2017.03.006. PMC 5441184. PMID 28359939.
- ↑ England, Jennifer; Loughna, Siobhan; Rutland, Catrin Sian (7 July 2017). "Multiple Species Comparison of Cardiac Troponin T and Dystrophin: Unravelling the DNA behind Dilated Cardiomyopathy". Journal of Cardiovascular Development and Disease. 4 (3): 8. doi:10.3390/jcdd4030008. PMC 5715711. PMID 29367539.
- ↑ Ghosh, Tushar K; Aparicio-Sánchez, José J; Buxton, Sarah; Ketley, Ami; Mohamed, Tasabeeh; Rutland, Catrin S; Loughna, Siobhan; Brook, J David (1 January 2018). "Acetylation of TBX5 by KAT2B and KAT2A regulates heart and limb development". Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology. 114: 185–198. doi:10.1016/j.yjmcc.2017.11.013. PMID 29174768.
- ↑ Rutland, Catrin Sian; Polo-Parada, Luis; Ehler, Elisabeth; Alibhai, Aziza; Thorpe, Aaran; Suren, Suganthi; Emes, Richard D.; Patel, Bhakti; Loughna, Siobhan (15 September 2011). "Knockdown of embryonic myosin heavy chain reveals an essential role in the morphology and function of the developing heart". Development. 138 (18): 3955–3966. doi:10.1242/dev.059063. PMC 3160091. PMID 21862559.
- ↑ Walsh, R.; Rutland, C.; Thomas, R.; Loughna, S. (14 April 2018). "Cardiomyopathy: A Systematic Review of Disease-Causing Mutations in Myosin Heavy Chain 7 and Their Phenotypic Manifestations". Cardiology. 115 (1): 49–60. doi:10.1159/000252808. PMID 19864899. Unknown parameter
- ↑ Rutland, Catrin; Warner, Louise; Thorpe, Aaran; Alibhai, Aziza; Robinson, Thelma; Shaw, Barry; Layfield, Robert; Brook, J. David; Loughna, Siobhan (1 June 2009). "Knockdown of alpha myosin heavy chain disrupts the cytoskeleton and leads to multiple defects during chick cardiogenesis". Journal of Anatomy. 214 (6): 905–915. doi:10.1111/j.1469-7580.2009.01079.x. PMC 2705299. PMID 19538634.
- ↑ Simpson, Siobhan; Dunning, Mark D.; Brownlie, Serena; Patel, Janika; Godden, Megan; Cobb, Malcolm; Mongan, Nigel P.; Rutland, Catrin S. (14 April 2018). "Multiple Genetic Associations with Irish Wolfhound Dilated Cardiomyopathy". BioMed Research International. 2016: 6374082. doi:10.1155/2016/6374082. PMC 5187458. PMID 28070514.
- ↑ Simpson, Siobhan; Edwards, Jennifer; Emes, Richard D.; Cobb, Malcolm A.; Mongan, Nigel P.; Rutland, Catrin S. (26 March 2015). "A predictive model for canine dilated cardiomyopathy—a meta-analysis of Doberman Pinscher data". PeerJ. 3: e842. doi:10.7717/peerj.842. PMC 4380154. PMID 25834770.
- ↑ Simpson, Siobhan; Edwards, Jennifer; Ferguson-Mignan, Thomas F. N.; Cobb, Malcolm; Mongan, Nigel P.; Rutland, Catrin S. (14 April 2018). "Genetics of Human and Canine Dilated Cardiomyopathy". International Journal of Genomics. 2015: 204823. doi:10.1155/2015/204823. PMC 4525455. PMID 26266250.
- ↑ Shalaway, Scott (2 May 2019). "A few good wildlife and nature books to read". Farm and Dairy. Salem, Ohio. Retrieved 4 December 2019.
This article "Catrin Rutland" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Catrin Rutland. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.