Reina received her Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering in 2006 from the University of Seville, (in Seville, Spain). That same year she completed her Master of Science in Structural Dynamics from the Ecole Centrale Paris, (in Paris, France). In 2007, she received a second Master of Science degree, this time in Aerospace Engineering from the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena, California, United States. In 2011, she earned her Doctor of Philosophy in Aeronautics also from the California Institute of Technology (Caltech).
Continuing her academic path Raina pursued a Postdoc in Applied Mathematics in 2011 at the University of Bonn, in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. She did a second Postdoc, this time in Materials Science in 2013, at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, in Livermore, California, United States.
Awards & honors
- California Institute of Technology - Rolf D. Buhler Memorial Award, for "exemplary academic performance," 2007
- California Institute of Technology - Charles D. Babcock Award, "for achievements in teaching that have made a significant contribution to the Aeronautics program," 2008
- University of Bonn - HCM Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2010
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory - Lawrence Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2010
- California Institute of Technology - William F. Ballhaus Prize, "for an outstanding doctoral dissertation in Aeronautics," 2011
- University of Pennsylvania - William K. Gemmill Term Assistant Professor (endowed-chair), 2014
- ASME - Eshelby Mechanics Award for Young Faculty, 2017
- National Academy of Engineering: EU-US Frontiers of Engineering Symposium - (Selected) Participant, 2017
- U.S. Association for Computational Mechanics (USACM), Nanotechnology and Lower Scale Phenomena (2020-2022) - Member
- ASME, Applied Mechanics Division - Recording Secretary
Reina has spoken at numerous prestigious institutions around the world including the following:
- Carnegie Mellon University
- University of Duisburg-Essen
- Imperial College London
- US Naval Academy
Other articles of the topics United States AND Technology : Facilis Technology Inc.
Other articles of the topic United States : China–United States proxy conflict, Kimball–Snow–Woolley family, Francis Xavier Ransdell, I'm In Love!, Hyram Copeland, Troyce Eual Guice, FedMyster
Other articles of the topic Science : Franck Zal, Philosophy of environment, Alexandre Loupy, Dr Catrin Rutland, OhChouette, List of Muslim scientists, List of discoveries by disciplines
Other articles of the topic Technology : Leher App, SoftStack Factory, Communication, Facilis Technology Inc., SOMDEVICES S.L., Electroftalm, Vconsol
Other articles of the topic Engineering : Georgia Institute of Technology, Buddha Institute of Technology, LEVO AG, World Wide Web, Loknayak Jai Prakash Institute Of Technology
- "Celia Reina". upenn.edu. Retrieved 29 March 2021.
- "Prof. Dr. Celia Reina Romo". uni-bonn.de. Retrieved 29 March 2021.
- "Celia Reina, University of Pennsylvania". Google Scholar. Retrieved 29 March 2021.
- "AMCS Applied Mathematics and Computational Sciences, Celia Reina". www.amcs.upenn.edu. Retrieved 29 March 2021.
- "Celia Reina". www.lrsm.upenn.edu. Retrieved 29 March 2021.
- "Honors and Awards". caltech.edu. Retrieved 29 March 2021.
- "Hausdorff Postdoktoranden". www.hcm.uni-bonn.de. Retrieved 29 March 2021.
- "MICDE / Mechanical Engineering Seminar: Ceila Reina, Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics, University of Pennsylvania". umich.edu. Retrieved 29 March 2021.
- "Frontiers of Engineering -National Academy of Engineering - About FOE". www.naefrontiers.org. Retrieved 2 April 2021.
- "Frontiers of Engineering - Dr. Celia Reina". www.naefrontiers.org. Retrieved 2 April 2021.
- "USACM Technical Thrust Areas". usacm.org. Retrieved 29 March 2021.
- "PIRE-CNA 2016 Summer School - New Frontiers in Nonlinear Analysis for Materials" (PDF). cmu.edu. Retrieved 29 March 2021.
- "Dates 2011 according to lecture series - Numerical Mathematics and Mechanics Seminar". University of Duisburg-Essen. Retrieved 29 March 2021.
- "Workshop: Challenges in statistical mechanics". Imperial College London. Retrieved 30 March 2021.
- "Mathematics Department - Applied Math Seminar - Spring 2017". United States Naval Academy. Retrieved 2 April 2021.
- Celia Reina publications indexed by Google Scholar
This article "Celia Reina" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Celia Reina. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.