Certification Board for Sterilization Processing and Distribution (CBSPD)
The current CBSPD Inc. logo.
|Headquarters||Lebanon, New Jersey, USA|
|Products||Medical Education |
Sterile Processing Certification
The Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD), is a nonprofit certification board with headquarters in Lebanon, New Jersey. CBSPD focuses on promoting and encouraging high standards of professional practice and ethical work through an internationally recognized, credible credentialing program that encourages competency of personnel working in the sterile processing and distribution industry.. Since 1991 CBSPD has been administering technical examinations for professionals in the sterilization and healthcare industry looking to advance their careers.  As of March, 2019, CBSPD is one of two sterilization and processing credentialing organizations recognized by Institute for Credentialing Excellence (ICE).
Exams Offered[edit | edit source]
CBSPD offers five unique exams, each targeting professions in different tracks of the sterile processing profession:
- Sterile Processing Department Technician
- Sterile Processing Department Management
- Surgical Instrument Specialist
- Ambulatory Surgery Technician
- Flexible Endoscope Reprocessor
Each exam offered by CBSPD has minimum requirements that must be met to apply. The minimum amount of on-site experience working in the sterile process field varies, depending on the exam. The entry-level Sterile Processing Department Technician exam offered by CBSPD requires 12 months on hands-on sales or service experience.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Education, Certification Boost Performance of Sterile Processing Professionals". Infection Control Today. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- "The Official CBSPD Website - www.sterileprocessing.org - The Authority in SPD Certification". CBSPD Inc. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- "ICE : NCCA Accredited Organization Search". Institute for Credentialing Excellence. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- "Sterile Processing Technician Schools". Sechel Ventures. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Certification Board for Sterilization Processing and Distribution (CBSPD)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Certification Board for Sterilization Processing and Distribution (CBSPD). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.