Chicken Run 2
|Chicken Run 2|
|Directed by||Sam Fell|
|Story by||Sam Fell|
|Music by||Harry Gregson-Williams|
|Edited by||Sim Evan-Jones|
Search Chicken Run 2 on Amazon.
Chicken Run 2 is an upcoming stop motion animated comedy film produced by the British studios Aardman Animations and StudioCanal, in partnership with Netflix. A sequel to 2000's Chicken Run, the film will be directed by Sam Fell, from a screenplay by Karey Kirkpatrick and John O'Farrell.
Having pulled off a death-defying escape from Tweedy’s farm, Ginger has finally found her dream – a peaceful island sanctuary for the whole flock, far from the dangers of the human world. When she and Rocky hatch a little girl called Molly, Ginger’s happy ending seems complete. But back on the mainland, the whole of chicken-kind faces a new and terrible threat. For Ginger and her team, even if it means putting their own hard-won freedom at risk – this time, they’re breaking in!— Aardman Animations
A sequel to Chicken Run was announced on April 26, 2018. Aardman Animations will reunite with StudioCanal for the sequel though unlike the first film, neither DreamWorks Animation nor its current parent company, Universal Pictures, will have any involvement, as DreamWorks had ended their partnership with Aardman in January 2007, after the release of Flushed Away in November 2006.
Sam Fell, co-director of Flushed Away, is attached to direct, with Paul Kewley and Nick Park producing. The original Chicken Run writers Karey Kirkpatrick and John O'Farrell will return for the sequel, though no story information has been revealed. Aardman co-founders Peter Lord and David Sproxton will serve as executive producers.
On June 23, 2020, it was announced that Mel Gibson will not be reprising his role as Rocky the Rooster from the original film, with his character being recast. On July 10, 2020, Julia Sawalha expressed her indignation when she learned that her role as Ginger will be recast with a younger actress, due to the film's producers believing that her voice sounded "too old". Gibson was recast after Winona Ryder accused him of making an antisemitic remark to her, whilst attending a party in 1995.
Principal photography is expected to commence in 2021.
- Anderton, Ethan (June 23, 2020). "'Chicken Run 2' Lands at Netflix, a New 'Mission: Impossible'-Style Heist is Teased". /Film. Retrieved June 23, 2020.
- "Aardman reveals details on 'Chicken Run' sequel". Aardman.com. 23 June 2020. Retrieved 26 June 2020.
- Anderton, Ethan (April 26, 2018). "Aardman Animation is Working on 'Chicken Run 2'". /Film. Retrieved July 11, 2019.
- Trumbore, Dave (April 26, 2018). "'Chicken Run' Sequel on the Way from Aardman". Collider. Retrieved July 11, 2019.
- Travis, Ben (April 26, 2018). "'Chicken Run' Sequel Coming from Aardman". Empire. Bauer Media Group. Archived from the original on July 11, 2019. Retrieved July 11, 2019. Unknown parameter
- Ritman, Alex (April 26, 2018). "'Chicken Run' Sequel in Works at Aardman (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Valence Media. Retrieved July 11, 2019.
- McEvoy, Sophie (April 29, 2019). "When Is The 'Chicken Run' Sequel Out? It Looks Like Fans Still Have A While To Wait For This Nostalgia Trip". Bustle. Bustle Digital Group. Retrieved July 17, 2019.
- BBC News Team (April 26, 2018). "'Chicken Run 2': Sequel confirmed after 18-year wait". BBC News. BBC. Retrieved July 11, 2019.
- Mozafari, Laurence (April 26, 2018). "'Chicken Run 2' confirmed after 18 YEARS of waiting". Digital Spy. Hearst Communications. Archived from the original on July 11, 2019. Retrieved July 11, 2019. Unknown parameter
- Davis, Brandon (October 16, 2019). "'Chicken Run 2' is Officially in Pre-Production". Comicbook.com. Retrieved October 24, 2019.
- Novak, Kim (October 17, 2019). "'Chicken Run 2' is officially in pre-production and we already can't wait for this sequel". Metro. DMG Media. Retrieved October 24, 2019.
- Burwick, Kevin (October 17, 2019). "'Chicken Run 2' Begins Pre-production at Aardman Animations". MovieWeb. Retrieved October 24, 2019.
- Lang, Jamie (June 23, 2020). "Netflix Swoops for 'Chicken Run' Sequel, Aardman Shares Plot Details". Variety. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved July 26, 2020.
- Welk, Brian (June 23, 2020). "Mel Gibson's Role in 'Chicken Run' Sequel Will Be Recast". TheWrap. Retrieved June 23, 2020.
- Grater, Tom (July 10, 2020). "Chicken Run' Actress Julia Sawalha Says She Is Being Re-Cast In Sequel For "Sounding Too Old"". Deadline Hollywood. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved July 10, 2020.
- "Mel Gibson fired from 'Chicken Run' sequel after Winona Ryder accuses him of anti-Semitism with 'oven-dodger' comment". Knewz. 23 June 2020. Retrieved 17 July 2020.
- Lang, Jamie (June 23, 2020). "Netflix Swoops for 'Chicken Run' Sequel, Aardman Shares Plot Details". Variety. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved June 23, 2020.
Others articles of the Topics United Kingdom AND Film : Human Cargo (2019)
Others articles of the Topics Film AND Animation : Maui (Moana), AT&T-TimeWarner
Others articles of the Topic United Kingdom : Ōdio Records, David Tony Adam Harcus, Birdie (Street Fighter), Nord Anglia International School New York, WWF Mayhem in Manchester, Jack Anthony Isaacs, James Grime
Others articles of the Topic Film : Annu Kapoor, Kartik Aaryan, 2028 in film, Daphné Bürki, Untitled Harley Quinn and Joker film, Film, 37th AVN Awards
Others articles of the Topic Animation : Planet Panic (Animated Short), Frylock, Dr. Nick, Frozen 2, Maui (Moana), Carl Brutananadilewski, Master Shake
This article "Chicken Run 2" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Chicken Run 2. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.