Chris Sembroski (June 2007)
August 28, 1979
|Space tourist aboard Inspiration4|
Christopher Sembroski is an American data engineer, Air Force veteran, and space tourist, currently living in Everett, Washington, USA. He is a Lockheed Martin employee and private astronaut for the planned Inspiration 4 mission. The position was given to Sembroski after a friend from Embry–Riddle Aeronautical University had declined the prize, transferring it to Sembroski. Sembroski has long had an interest in space, being an amateur astronomer and rocketeer. He is now preparing, with the three other crew members, to fly on the Inspiration 4 mission to space.
Sembroski grew up in Kannapolis, North Carolina. During college, Sembroski volunteered for ProSpace, a nonprofit organization advocating for private spaceflight. Sembroski also was a counselor at Space Camp, a government-funded educational camp in Huntsville, Alabama which promotes science, technology, engineering, and math to children and teenagers. After college, Sembroski joined the United States Air Force as a missileman, a position he served up until recently. Sembroski now serves as a data engineer for Lockheed-Martin.
- Julie Muhlstein (2021-04-18). "Everett's own spaceman thrilled to join all-civilian mission]". The Everett Herald. Retrieved 2021-04-20.
- Kenneth Chang (2021-03-30). "A Billionaire Names His Team to Ride SpaceX, No Pros Allowed". New York Times. Archived from the original on 2021-03-30. Retrieved 2021-03-30.
- Rachel DeSantis (30 March 2021). "Meet First All-Civilian Space Crew, Who Are 'Pushing Boundaries' on Inspiration4-SpaceX Mission". People.
- Nancy Dunn (30 March 2021). "Two space fans – including Everett man – get seats on billionaire's private flight". NPR. KNKX. Associated Press.
- "Inspiration4 - Home". Inspiration4. Retrieved 2021-04-24.
- "Missiles to symphonies". Air Force Space Command. Retrieved 4 April 2021.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to [[commons:Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 466: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 466: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).]].|
|This article about a space explorer is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This United States biographical article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This Washington-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Christopher Sembroski" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Christopher Sembroski. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.