Claudia Alvarez (politician)
Claudia Alvarez is a former councilwoman of Santa Ana, California. She is a registered Democrat. She was elected to the city council in November 2000, and served until November 2012, due to reaching her term limits.
Alvarez was the subject of controversy on August 24, 2011, when she said “So if Hitler rents you a place, gives you a great deal, you take it?” in regards to Jewish property owner Irving Chase, who owns buildings in Downtown Santa Ana, in retaliation to proposed gentrification in the downtown area, which is home to many Hispanic-oriented businesses. Alvarez apologized for her remarks the next day, admitting to letting her emotions getting the better of her.
On November 6, 2012, Alvarez was elected as Trustee of the Rancho Santiago Community College District, and won with 38.7% of the vote.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-04-15. Retrieved 2013-02-26. Unknown parameter
|url-status=ignored (help)CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Gonzales, Ron (July 28, 2012). "Alvarez accepts ruling ending 4th term bid". Orange County Register. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- Chmielewski , Dan (August 25, 2011). "ADL Condemns Claudia Alvarez for Anti-Semitic Remarks at Santa Ana City Council Meeting". The Liberal OC. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- Elmahrek, Adam (August 27, 2011). "Alvarez Apology Not Enough For Jewish Leaders". Voice of the OC. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "Trustee; Rancho Santiago Community College District; Trustee Area 5 Voter Information". Smart Voter. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "Claudia C. Alvarez". Smart Voter. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
This article "Claudia Alvarez (politician)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Claudia Alvarez (politician). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.