|Headquarters 🏙️||Newport Beach, California, United States|
Area served 🗺️
|Products 📟||Leveraged Buyouts, Growth Capital, Mezzanine capital, Management Buyouts, and Corporate Divestitures|
|Total assets||$900 million (assets under management)|
Number of employees
ClearLight Partners, L.L.C. is an American privately held investment firm focusing on Leveraged Buyouts, Mezzanine capital, Management Buyouts, Corporate Divestitures, and Growth Capital transactions in the United States. The company is headquartered in Newport Beach, California.
ClearLight Partners LLC is a private equity firm that invests in privately-held middle market companies with strong cash-flow margins and limited capital intensity. ClearLight looks for US and Canadian headquartered companies with annual revenues between $20 and $250 million and EBITDA of $3 and $15 million. ClearLight targets investments across a broad range of industries with a particular interest in specialty manufacturing and distribution, business services, education and training, healthcare services, specialty finance, and consumer products and services. The firm's target investment size is $10 to $50 million per transaction. In most deals ClearLight is the majority-investor; however, occasionally it co-invests selectively with lenders or executives. The firm seeks to exit its investments somewhere between five and ten years through alternative exit strategies, such as sales, mergers or recapitalizations.
Since ClearLight's inception in 2000, it has raised three private equity funds and invested in over 15 platform businesses representing a combined transaction value of over $1 billion. The firm's primary investor is SECOM, a Japanese security company.
|ClearLight Partners Fund III||2014||$300|
|ClearLight Partners Fund II||2007||$300|
|ClearLight Partners Fund I||2000||$300|
The firm's current portfolio companies include Austin Fitness Group, Katzkin Leather Interiors, Moore Landscapes, Paul Fredrick, Richardson, United Tactical Systems, and Walker Advertising.
ClearLight Partners was founded in 2000 by Managing Partner Michael Kaye, a native of Southern California, following his leadership of Westec Security Group as its Chief Executive Officer. In ClearLight's first year, some investments were venture-stage deals before a team was built to pursue the core strategy of control investments in middle-market companies. ClearLight's Fund II was raised in 2007, and Fund III was raised in 2014. Each $300 million funds, and each with SECOM as the sole limited partner. ClearLight and SECOM continue to enjoy a longstanding relationship, not typically afforded to investment vehicles funded by a foreign publicly-traded company.
- "ClearLight Partners, L.L.C." Crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2019-05-08.
- "ClearLight Partners Investor Profile". Pitchbook. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- "ClearLight Partners: Firm Profile". Retrieved 2019-05-08.
- "Katzkin Leather, Inc. Opus Bank's Corporate Finance division provides financing for the recapitalization of Katzkin Leather, Inc. on behalf of ClearLight Partners, LLC". opusbank.com. June 2016. Retrieved 2019-05-08.
- "ClearLight Partners invests in Moore Landscapes". pehub.com. Retrieved 2019-05-08.
- "ClearLight invests in Paul Fredrick". Pehub.com. 2 January 2018. Retrieved 2019-05-08.
- "ClearLight Partners, LLC Makes Significant Equity Investment in The Richardson Group". Businesswire.com. 6 September 2006. Retrieved 2019-05-08.
- "PepperBall and United Tactical Systems overview". Crunchbase. Retrieved 2019-05-08.
- "ClearLight Partners invests in Walker Advertising". Mergr.com. 3 September 2015. Retrieved 2019-05-08.
- "ClearLight sells Apple & Eve for $150 million". pehub.com. 11 August 2014. Retrieved 2019-05-08.
- "How they did it: Selling the business". Business Record. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- "ClearLight Acquires Planetfitness Franchisee". Pehub.com. 15 October 2013. Retrieved 2019-05-08.
- "TASI sold to Berwind group". 19 June 2014. Retrieved 2019-05-08.
- "ClearLight agrees to sale of The Outsource Group". www.businesswire.com. 12 June 2013. Retrieved 2019-05-08.
- "ClearLight announces sale of US Education to DeVry University". www.clearlightpartners.com. 18 September 2008. Retrieved 2019-05-08.
|This article about a private equity or venture capital firm based in the United States is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "ClearLight Partners, L.L.C." is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:ClearLight Partners, L.L.C.. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.