|Dr. S. Cletus Babu|
|Cletus Babu |
|Born||October 9, 1952|
Thiruvattar, Puthenkadai, Kanyakumari District
|🏢 Organization||Social Change and Development (SCAD)|
|🏡 Home town||Kanyakumari|
|❤️ Partner(s)||Dr. Amali Cletus|
|👴 👵 Parents|
Cletus Babu Soosiyan is a social entrepreneur and educationist. He was born on 9 October 1952 to parents from fishermen community in a village called Thiruvattar - Puthenkadai of Kanyakumari District, Tamil Nadu. He possesses a doctoral degree in Community Development, the field of his chosen service. Dr. Cletus Babu started the organization SCAD (Social Change And Development) in 1985 which is a social work organization with a human face serving the underprivileged and downtrodden in Tamil Nadu.
|Course Studied||Year of Pass||Name of the Institute||Grade / Class|
|Ph.D (Community Colleges)||2006||Gandhigram Deemed University Gandhigram||Highly commended|
|Ph.D||2008||International Tamil University, Maryland, USA||Honorary Causa|
|M.A. Sociology||1993||Annamalai University, Chidambaram||Ist Class|
|B.Th||1979||Sacred Heart College, Poonamallee, Chennai||Ist Class|
|B.Ph. (UG)||1974||Sacred Heart College, Poonamallee, Chennai||Ist Class|
|P.U.C.||1975||Arulanandar College, Karumathur Madurai.||University Rank|
Rewards and Recognition
- Recipient of the ‘Education and Social Work National Award 2016’ by Capital Foundation of India, New Delhi, presented by Prof. O. P. Kohli, Hon. Governor of Gujarat and Prof. Dr. Veda Prakash, Chairman, UGC, New Delhi, in August 2016.
- Recipient of the “Abdul Kalam Award - 2015” in recognition of outstanding contribution towards reviving traditional water bodies by His Holiness the Dalai Lama, in Chennai in Nov., 2015.
- Recipient of the “Government of Tamil Nadu Award for the Best Organization (NGO) in recognition of exemplary service for Social Work and Disability Care 2015” presented at the 69th Independence Day Function by the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Dr. Selvi J. Jayalalithaa in August 2015.
Membership in Professional Bodies
- Member of Syndicate, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli
- Member of Senate, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli
- Member of Confederation of Indian Industry
- Former Member UGC Experts Committee on Community Colleges.
- Member in National HRD network
- Member of CODISSIA
- Member of AIMA
- Secretary, Anna University Self Financed Engineering Colleges Management Association – South Zone.
- Member of Senate of Tamil Nadu Teachers’ Education University, Chennai
Membership in Non-Professional Bodies
- Former President, Tamil Nadu Football Association
- Vice President, Tamil Nadu Olympic Association
- President, Tirunelveli District Foot Ball Association
- President of Tirunelveli Fencing Association
- Member of District Peace Committee
- Member of All India Sarva Samaya Council
- “Let My Country Awake” released by the Hon’ble Former President of India Dr. Abdul Kalamji.
- “Let My Country Awake” Volume-II Empowering the Differently-Abled.
- “Empowering the Disadvantaged” Silver Jubilee Souvenir released by His Excellency Shri. Surjith Singh Barnala, the former Governor of Tamil Nadu on his visit to SCAD on 10 January 2010.
- “Towards the Comprehensive Framework of Training the Youth: An analytical study of Community College"
- "SCAD is a not for profit working to reach the unreached | SCAD". www.scad.org.in. Retrieved 2016-10-15.
- "zoutmijnkinderen". zoutmijnkinderen. Retrieved 2016-10-13.
- "Syndicate Member" (PDF).
- "Member of Senate in Manonmaniam Sundaranar University".
- "Member in National HRD network".
- "Coimbatore District Small Scale Industries Association".
- "Member in AIMA".
- "Secretary in Anna University Self Financed Engineering Colleges Management Association".
- "Dr. Cletus Babu elected as President of Tamil Nadu Football association".
- "TNOA". www.tnoa.in. Retrieved 2016-10-13.
- "Tirunelveli District Football ... vs The President on 8 October, 2015". indiankanoon.org. Retrieved 2016-10-13.
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article "Cletus Babu" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.