|Developer(s)||Collabora Productivity Ltd.|
4.2.15 / 22 February 2021
|Preview release||6.4.8 (23 April 2021)|
|Available in||36 languages|
|Type||Office Suite, Collaboration, Document Management|
|License||Mozilla Public License 2.0|
Search Collabora Online on Amazon.
Collabora Online is an open source online office suite developed by Collabora Productivity, a division of Collabora. It is based on LibreOffice Online. The web application allows collaborative editing of text documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
Mobile, Tablet, Chromebook and Desktop editing
Mobile apps called Collabora Office are available for Android smartphones and tablets, and Apple iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch. They work online or offline. There are touch optimised interfaces for phone and tablet screen sizes.
Collabora Online supports the Open Document Format (odt, odp, ods) as well as Microsoft formats (doc, docx, ppt, pptx, xls, xlsx), other formats supported include pdf, csv, rtf, epub. Visio, Publisher, Keynote, Numbers, Pages, and other file formats can be imported.
Collabora Online server/s can be hosted locally or with a provider. Locally hosted cloud services allow data to remain under the control of the respective users.
Collabora Online server is often integrated with file share and collaboration cloud platforms, such as Nextcloud, ownCloud and others, these are functionally similar to Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft 365. They typically include email, contacts, calendar, file sync and share, calls, chat and video, they have apps stores. It is possible to edit documents within a chatroom or a video call, as with Nextcloud's built-in video-conferencing tool Nextcloud Talk.
Integrations exist with cloud solutions such as Moodle, Alfresco, EGroupware, Kolab, Mattermost, Sharepoint and others.
Collabora Online was discussed in various online and print publications. In December 2016 the tech website Softpedia mentioned the availability of collaborative editing in version 2.0 and the integration with Owncloud, Nextcloud and other FSS solutions. The technology website ZDNet reported in June 2020 that Collabora Online from version 19 of Nextcloud will be delivered as a standard office package and that within the native video conferencing software Talk direct editing of documents is now possible. The technology blog OMG! Ubuntu! covered the release of the Android & iOS apps pointing out the possibility to use them in offline mode. In September 2020 Linux Magazine compared Collabora Online with OnlyOffice, mentioning the flexibility and platform independence of both tools and pointing out large set of features Collabora Online draws from LibreOffice.
The former LibreOffice development team from SUSE joined Collabora in September 2013 forming the subsidiary Collabora Productivity. In 2015 Collabora and IceWarp announced the development of an enterprise-ready version of LibreOffice Online to compete with Google Docs and Office 365 (now called Microsoft 365). In December 2015, the company's partnership with ownCloud and release of CODE (Collabora Online Development Edition) was announced on Joinup. In October 2020 Collabora announced the move of its work on Collabora Online from The Document Foundation infrastructure to GitHub.
Other articles of the topic Free and open-source software : GemRB, Bimil, Gede (software), ShareLaTeX, Athena Framework, MiniD, Wikimedia Foundation
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Collaborative software
- List of collaborative software
- List of word processors
- List of spreadsheet software
- List of desktop publishing software
- List of office suites
- "Collabora Online 4.2 release notes". collaboraoffice.com.
- "Collabora Online 6.4 Release Notes". collaboraoffice.com.
- "Collabora Online in Nextcloud". NextCloud. Retrieved 2021-01-20.
...online office suite with collaborative editing, which supports all major document, spreadsheet and presentation file formats and works in all modern browsersUnknown parameter
- "Collabora Online in Nextcloud". NextCloud. Retrieved 2021-01-20.
Collabora Online is a powerful LibreOffice-based online office suite with collaborative editing, which supports all major document, spreadsheet and presentation file formats and works in all modern browsersUnknown parameter
- Nestor, Marius (2016-12-07). "Collabora Online 2.0 Puts LibreOffice in the Cloud, Adds Collaborative Editing". softpedia.com. Retrieved 2021-01-15.
...the powerful cloud-based office suite that promises to protect users' privacy and freedom of expression while editing various document formats online. Collabora Online is mainly targeted at the enterprise world, hosting and cloud businesses.Unknown parameter
- "Apple App Store". App Store. Retrieved 2021-01-20. Unknown parameter
- "Google Play Store". Google Play. Retrieved 2021-01-20. Unknown parameter
- Sneddon, Joey (2020-03-04). "Collabora Office Brings LibreOffice to Android, iOS". omgubuntu.co.uk.
...works entirely offline. ...support for integrations with cloud storage services, including NextCloud...Unknown parameter
- "Collabora Office on iOS and Android Just got Better!". Adfinis. 2020-12-15. Retrieved 2021-01-15.
...touch optimized interfaces: one for tablets and one for phone screens. ...(iOS, iPadOS, Chromebooks, Android).Unknown parameter
- Mehrotra, Pranob (2020-12-01). "Collabora Office suite gets a new layout for Android tablets and Chromebooks". XDA-Developers. Retrieved 2021-01-15.
Collabora Office is a popular open-source alternative to the Microsoft Office suite. It’s based on Libre Office, and it’s available on a variety of platforms, including Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android. This year in July, a major update for the office suite brought support for Chrome OS devices.Unknown parameter
- Wallen, Jack (2020-08-04). "How to install Collabora Office on your Chromebook". Retrieved 2021-01-20.
...work with documents locally on your Chromebook...Unknown parameter
- "Collabora Office 6.4 Launches For Android, iOS & Chrome OS". KYM Know Your Mobile. 2020-12-02. Retrieved 2021-01-15.
...it works on desktop and mobile, and it will sync up between devices too, so you can start something on your desktop PC and then pick it up later on your phone and/or tablet.Unknown parameter
- Bärwaldt, Eric (2020-09-01). "Working Together Tools for collaborative office work". Linux Magazine (238/2020).
For cross-platform use, the suite not only supports the Open Document Format (ODF) but also all newer Microsoft formats, which makes interaction with other office suites easier.Unknown parameter
- Bärwaldt, Eric (2020). "Collaborative online office solutions". Admin Network & Security. 60/2020.
The software also supports PDF across all modules. If required, users can also convert text files to the ePub format for displaying appear on ebook readers or with desktop software for reading ePub files.
- Azizaj, Jona (Nov 1998). "Real time Collaboration with Collabora Online and ownCloud". Linux Magazine. Issue #33: 70–72.
- Bhartiya, Swapnil (2016-07-19). "Can Collabora and Nextcloud crack Office 365 dominance?". cio.com. IDG Communications. Retrieved 2020-09-09.
Unlike Google or Microsoft, Collabora Productivity doesn’t have the massive infrastructure required to offer CODE as a cloud based service. Instead, it offers the entire code as a product that users can install on their own servers.Unknown parameter
- Vaughan-Nichols, Steven J. (2020-06-04). "NextCloud gets bigger and better with Nextcloud Hub 19". zdnet.com.
Nextcloud also has its own built-in video-conferencing and group meeting service: Nextcloud Talk. Here, the most interesting new feature is you can now edit office Collabora documents during video calls or from within a chat room.
- "Collaborative workflows EGroupware". Linux Magazine. 2018/210. 2018.
- "MS-WOPI: Web Application Open Platform Interface Protocol". microsoft.com. Microsoft. 2019-06-18. Retrieved 2020-09-09.
WOPI defines a set of operations that enables a client to access and change files stored by a server. This allows the client to render files and provide file editing functionality for files stored by the server.Unknown parameter
- Nestor, Marius (2020-12-07). "Collabora Online 2.0 Puts LibreOffice in the Cloud, Adds Collaborative Editing". softpedia.com. SoftNews NET SRL. Retrieved 2020-09-09.
With features like collaborative editing, Collabora Online 2.0 users will always be in control of their sensitive corporate data. [...] It also appears that Collabora Online fully integrates with both the popular ownCloud and Nextcloud self-hosting cloud server technologies.Unknown parameter
- Vaughan-Nichols, Steven (2020-06-04). "NextCloud gets bigger and better with Nextcloud Hub 19". zdnet.com. Retrieved 2021-01-15.
...the most interesting new feature is you can now edit office Collabora documents during video calls or from within a chat room. Collabora is a SaaS version of the popular open-source LibreOffice office suite.Unknown parameter
- Sneddon, Joey (2020-03-04). "Collabora Office Brings LibreOffice to Android, iOS". omgubuntu.co.uk. OHSO Media. Retrieved 2020-09-09.
The app also works entirely offline. With no cloud or online service features come enabled by default or are required to use any of the included features (though naturally there’s support for integrations with cloud storage services, including NextCloud, should you want it).Unknown parameter
- Bärwaldt, Erik (2020-09-01). "Working Together: Tools for collaborative office work". Linux Magazine (238/2020). Retrieved 2020-09-09.
The differences are in the details. While Collabora draws on LibreOffice’s enormous feature set, OnlyOffice focuses more strongly on efficient editing of office documents and therefore offers a number of less common functions. Both packages are very flexible when it comes to platform independence ranging from in-house desktop apps, through cloud-based web applications, to desktop editors and apps for mobile devices.Unknown parameter
- "SUSE Partners with Collabora to Deliver Commercial LibreOffice Support". suse.com. 2013-09-03. Unknown parameter
- "LIBREOFFICE ONLINE – OPEN SOURCE ALTERNATIEF VOOR GOOGLE DOCS". Linux Magazine (Dutch). 2020-10-30. Retrieved 2021-01-19. Unknown parameter
- Brodkin, Jon (2015-03-26). "LibreOffice in the browser revealed in 2011 finally close to reality". Arstechnica. Unknown parameter
- Hillenius, Gijs (2015-12-22). "New document solution offers openness and accountability". Retrieved 2020-09-09.
The two companies announced their partnership last week, making available an initial development release of Collabora Online Development Edition (CODE).Unknown parameter
- Meeks, Michael (2020-10-01). "[board-discuss] an Online move ..." Retrieved 2020-10-10. Unknown parameter
- Corbet, Jonathan (2020-10-02). "Collabora Online moves out of The Document Foundation". LWN.net. Retrieved 2020-10-19.
By having a single Online project hosted by Collabora, a clear brand story easily establishes an appropriate credit for the origin of the product into every reference to it by those using it for free. Just like the other prominent OSS projects we integrate with.Unknown parameter
This article "Collabora Online" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Collabora Online. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.