Convener of Aam Aadmi Party (Punjab, India)
|Convener of Aam Aadmi Party, Punjab|
|Appointer||Aam Aadmi Party's central leadership|
|Term length||No time limit|
|Inaugural holder||Sucha Singh Chhotepur|
|Formation||29 August 2014; 6 years, 88 days ago|
Convener (or chief/president) is a highest political post in the Punjab unit of Aam Aadmi Party, holds Important responsibilities for the success of Party in Punjab. Aam Aadmi Party has a strong presence in Punjab since 2014. In 2014 Indian general election it got 4 seats out of 13 in Punjab. After this Party got the status of State Party in Punjab.
After 2014 Indian general election in Punjab on 29 August 2014, Sucha Singh Chhotepur was appointed as first convener of Aam Aadmi Party's Punjab unit. However, on 24 August 2016 he was removed from this post due to bribe charges. After him Gurpreet Singh Waraich appointed the new convener.
In 2017 Punjab Legislative Assembly election party performed less than the expectations and got 20 seats in Punjab Legislative Assembly. Due to this he was removed from the post and Bhagwant Mann appointed as new convener along with Aman Arora. They also resigned from the post on 17 March 2018 due to the apology by Arvind Kejriwal from Bikram Singh Majithia. After Maan and Arora's resignation Balbir Singh was appointed co-convener (caretaker) of Punjab's unit on 21 March 2018.
On 31 January 2019 before General election Maan again appointed as the Chief.
|S. No.||Name||Tenure||Co-convener||National Convener|
|1||Sucha Singh Chhotepur||29 August 2014||24 August 2016||None||Arvind Kejriwal (2012-present)|
|2||Gurpreet Singh Waraich||4 September 2016||8 May 2017|
|3||Bhagwant Mann||10 May 2017||17 March 2018||Aman Arora|
|-||Balbir Singh||21 March 2018||31 January 2019||Balbir Singh|
|(3)||Bhagwant Mann||31 January 2019||Incumbent||Aman Arora|
- AAP eats into SAD and INC vote share in Punjab
- "Aam Aadmi Party recognised as state party in Punjab". Deccan Chronicle. 2014-06-03. Retrieved 2018-07-30.
- YouTube video ABP Sanjha
- AAP removes its Punjab convener Sucha Singh Chhotepur after bribe video
- "Gurpreet Ghuggi appointed as the punjab state convener of the Aam Aadmi Party". 4 September 2016. Retrieved 30 January 2020.
- How Kejriwal lost AAP's winning plot in Punjab
- Bhagwant Mann and Aman Arora appointed convener of Punjab Aam Admi Party
- "Gurpreet Ghuggi quits AAP, questions Mann's appointment as party's Punjab chief". The Economic Times. 10 May 2017. Retrieved 30 January 2020.
- Bhagwant Mann resigned from AAP Punjab chief
- AAP appoints Dr. Balbir Singh aa Punjab Units Co-President
- A year after exit Bhagwant Mann reappointed Punjab Aam Aadmi Party Chief
This article "Convener of Aam Aadmi Party (Punjab, India)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Convener of Aam Aadmi Party (Punjab, India). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.