Covenant Christian Coalition
The neutrality of this article is disputed. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Covenant Christian Coalition|
|Theology||Evangelicalism, Trinitarianism, Five Solae, Biblical inerrancy, Premillennialism, Dispensationalism, Invisible Church|
|Associations||451 denominations (mainly Protestant)|
|Headquarters||New York City, New York|
The Covenant Christian Coalition (CCC) is a global organization of Evangelical Christian churches founded in 2015 in Dallas, United States, with headquarters in southern Manhattan. The organization maintains a list of Christian denominations and groups that have honorary membership based on adherence to Evangelical doctrines and conservative moral positions. Altogether, this list represents some 1,479,414 local churches and approximately 704 million individuals at last count, from around 451 denominations. The CCC assists unaffiliated Christians looking for a home church find conservative Evangelical congregations near where they live. It also represents and advocates on behalf of Evangelical Christians locally, nationally, and internationally.
The Covenant Christian Coalition was founded in Dallas, Texas, in 2015 as a response to what was perceived as biblical, moral, and theological compromise on the part of other ecumenical organizations such as the World Council of Churches. The organization's mission is "Promoting unity in the Invisible Church while delivering the only message with the power to save people" and is defined as "An international, Evangelical, post-denominational coalition of churches still faithful to Christ and the Gospel." The CCC heavily emphasizes the five solae in doctrine, as well as the Gospel, the Invisible Church and Conservative Christianity.
Several ministries are associated with the CCC including God's Song and Hē Hodos. Faros Christian Fellowship, pastored by Gerhard Zierl, is associated with the CCC. The Canary Islands-based church is a member of Vinelife UK.
The CCC is registered with the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs and the United Nations Economic and Social Council is slated to vote on consultative status for the CCC in the summer of 2018.
The CCC considers itself to be composed of at least 451 denominations among which are nearly one and a half million individual congregations. At last count there were about 704 million individuals represented, which if the organization was a denomination would make it second only to the Roman Catholic Church in total membership.
The Covenant Christian Coalition represents Evangelical Christians broadly and those Protestant denominations and churches aligned with Evangelicalism. While Protestant churches are the only affiliated congregations at present, there is nothing that inherently restricts even individual Roman Catholic, Coptic, or Eastern Orthodox churches from joining so long as they agree to the organization's seven points of doctrine and the CCC's Covenant.
The Covenant, the CCC's official statement of belief, is defined as "a modern Statement of Faith or Creed that was drafted with utmost concern for faithfulness to God's Word, yet in broad enough language that churches and believers from a variety of denominations can agree to its tenets." Membership requires agreeing with its tenets either de facto or de jure. Congregational leaders that formally sign the Covenant are encouraged to use it in place of, or supplementary to, their own statement of faith.
The Covenant Christian Coalition is led by a voluntary team of church and ministry leaders called the Pastoral Council. The Pastoral Council maintains the organization's bylaws and votes on amendments to the organization's governing document.
- List of the largest Protestant denominations
- FaithSteet, www.faithstreet.com Covenant Christian Coalition, last accessed March 20, 2017
- Yelp, www.yelp.com Covenant Christian Coalition, last accessed March 20, 2017
- Google Maps, www.google.com Covenant Christian Coalition, last accessed June 20, 2017
- CCC, Coalition CCC main website, last accessed January 29, 2017
- CCC, Purpose CCC main website, last accessed January 29, 2017
- Jesus Site, www.jesussite.com Evangelistic Ministries, last accessed June 20, 2017
- "The entire Bible through video and music". God's Song. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- "Discover the truth about God". Hē Hodos. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- "About Us". Faros Christian Fellowship. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- "Welcome to Vinelife Church Manchester". Vinelife. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- "Civil Society Database". United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- Ray, Gary; Eldredge, Jeff. 500 Years. Covenant Press. p. 3. ISBN 978-1973210047. Search this book on
- Ray, Gary. Some Things You Should Know (2 ed.). Covenant Press. p. 1. ISBN 978-1461009634. Search this book on
- "Covenant Christian Coalition". Facebook. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- CCC, Doctrine CCC main website, last accessed January 29, 2017
- CCC, Covenant CCC main website, last accessed January 29, 2017
- CCC, Bylaws CCC main website, last accessed January 31, 2017
- The Gospel Coalition, www.thegospelcoalition.com Covenant Christian Coalition, last accessed March 20, 2017
This article "Covenant Christian Coalition" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.