|Original author(s)||Matej Michalko|
|Type||DApps, Decentralized computing, content distribution|
Search DECENT Network on Amazon.
DECENT is a blockchain-driven content distribution platform. It enables the exchange of digital assets such as audio, video, text, software or video games. Based on an open-source principle it allows people to develop applications on top of its protocol. DECENT represents a decentralized network of connected individuals and organizations who share their work, information or ideas without being dependent on any middleman or 3rd party.
DECENT Foundation was established in 2015 by Matej Michalko and Matej Boda. The fully functional prototype of DECENT Blockchain was released in January 2016 followed by the ICO during autumn 2016 and DECENT main-net launch in June 2017.
The concept of DECENT was initially described in a white-paper by Matej Michalko and Josef Sevcik in November 2015. Originally being developed as a content publishing and buying platform in which the data transactions are timestamped in the Blockchain[unreliable source?] and secured by a strong cryptography, DECENT's underlying technology DCore consists of a custom blockchain technology combined with file sharing system IPFS.
As an Open-source protocol DCore allows everyone to use its features and build new decentralized applications (DApps) or implement the protocol into already existing platforms or services.[unreliable source?]
- DECENT 'Crypto' Investment Paves Way To Decentralized Content Distribution Revolution, Forbes, September 11, 2016
- Founder of DECENT Content Distribution Network: The Digital Revolution is About to Begin, Forklog, August 12, 2016
- Jason Bloomberg: Two Knotty Problems That Blockchain Promises To Solve, Forbes, October 12, 2018
- Jason Bloomberg: Enterprise Blockchain Struggles To Carve Out A Niche, Forbes, September 9, 2018
- Roger Aitken: Turkish Lira Plummets Again 'Casting Pall' Over European Stocks, Dampens U.S. Markets, Forbes, August 13, 2018
- Mark Tanner: Why China Will Drive Blockchain And 4 Related Myths, Forbes, August 1, 2018
- Roger Aitken: Bitcoin & Beyond: Can Blockchain Bring In 'The Masses' To Realize Its Full Potential?, Forbes, June 30, 2018
- Valley Voices: How The Blockchain Can Solve Social Media's Biggest Problems, Forbes, February 28, 2018
- Adam Winfield: How Blockchain's 'Web of Value' Could Oust the New Big Media, Forbes, November 20, 2017
- Roger Aitken: Can Blockchain Challenge Content Platform Giants' Facebook & YouTube Domination?, Forbes, October 8, 2017
- Roger Aitken: Can DECENT's 'Crypto-Fuelled' Blockchain Revolutionize Content & Data Distribution?, Forbes, July 16, 2017
- Michael Scott: Decent Launches Global Media Distribution Platform, Nasdaq, June 30, 2017
- Jayanand Sagar: SophiaTX TGE – Successful Round One, News BTC, December 10, 2017
- Conrad Egusa: An entrepreneur’s guide to Bratislava’s tech scene, MSN, September 16, 2018
- Robert Sasse: DECENT, Investing.com, July 21, 2018
- Pixel Jowarder: BTC/USD Bounce Off From Critical Support, Strong Challenge For Bulls, Investing.com, April 14, 2018
- Segodnya - Сегодня: DECENT запустила веб-кошелек с мгновенной конвертацией токенов, Segodnya - Сегодня, October 6, 2018
- Людмила Чумак: В Москве пройдет блокчейн-хакатон по созданию решений для улучшения мира, Rusbase (RB.ru), October 21,2018
- William Suberg: Contratos inteligentes para Bitcoin? Nova linguagem Ivy diz tornar isso mais fácil, CoinTelegraph, December 20, 2017
- William Suberg: DECENT Launches GO Marketplace and Joins Blockchain Content Arena, CoinTelegraph, October 5, 2017
- Andrew Marshall: Blockchain Powers Shift To Decentralization In Media, CoinTelegraph, September 27, 2017
This article "DECENT Network" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:DECENT Network. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.