|Founders 👔||Patrick Milling-Smith, Brian Carmody|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
DIVISION7 is a creative studio focusing on film and mixed-reality storytelling as well as strategic distribution for branded content. The company was co-founded by Patrick Milling-Smith and Brian Carmody. The studio’s creative and production team have showcased work at international film festivals and events including the Sundance Film Festival, Tribeca Film Festival, Venice Film Festival and San Diego Comic-Con.  Their team has garnered awards from the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity - including the inaugural Cannes Lions Entertainment Grand Prix Award in 2016 - as well as Clio, AICP, and Webby Awards.  Their producers also received an Emmy Award for producing and creating the New York Times’ The Displaced virtual reality experience in 2016. 
Notable work from the team at DIVISION7 includes Spotify’s “Match Instantly” campaign, the PSA "Justin" for the Brady Campaign, and Burger King’s “Whopper Neutrality" which uses the Whopper as a metaphor representing net neutrality legislation. The DIVISION7 team has also produced multiple award winning mixed reality and experiential installations, including Samsung’s “The Night Before;” FX’s “Sessions: The Mixed Reality Experience” for their series Legion; “Tree,” a virtual reality installation backed by The Rainforest Alliance; “The Protectors: Walk in the Ranger’s Shoes,” directed by Kathryn Bigelow and Imraan Ismail and produced by National Geographic, Annapurna Pictures and the Garamba National Park; "The Last Goodbye," considered the first Holocaust testimony captured in room-scale VR and created by USC Shoah Foundation. 
- "Division 7". Division 7. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Chris Milk, Spike Jonze, and VICE News Bring the First-Ever Virtual Reality Newscast to Sundance | VICE News". News.vice.com. 2015-01-23. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
- "Here Be Dragons is defining VR docs - with help from Kathryn Bigelow & Tribeca". 2017-04-25.
- Robertson, Adi (26 January 2018). "The best VR and AR from Sundance 2018, from haptic gloves to alien abduction". The Verge. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- "The Mr. Robot VR experience isn't a gimmick — it's true storytelling". The Verge. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- "We Trip on the 'Legion' Mixed Reality Experience at SDCC".
- "360-Video". webbyawards.com. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- "The New York Times VR Film 'The Displaced' Wins the Lions Entertainment Grand Prix".
- "Spotify TV Commercial, 'Match Instantly: Beach' Song by The Weeknd". iSpot.tv. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Top Spot of the Week: Jim Cummings Directs PSA For Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, Droga5". SHOOTonline. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- Nudd|January 24, Tim; 2018. "Burger King Deviously Explains Net Neutrality by Making People Wait Longer for Whoppers". www.adweek.com. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "The best virtual reality from the 2017 Sundance Film Festival". 2017-01-26.
- "FX's 'Legion' Mixed Reality Experience Is the Strangest Activation at Comic-Con". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- Lindsay, Benjamin. "Kathryn Bigelow, Hillary Clinton, and Virtual Reality Join Forces to Save the Elephants".
- Hardawar, Devindra (22 April 2017). "'The Last Goodbye' is the VR Holocaust memorial we need today". Engadget.
This article "DIVISION7" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:DIVISION7. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.