Daniel Rida Yazbeck
|Daniel Rida Yazbeck|
|🎓 Alma mater||McGill University|
Scientist and entrepreneur
|founding Yazbeck Investment Group|
Daniel Rida Yazbeck (born January 14, 1978) is an American scientist and entrepreneur who has been featured on CNN, and other media. He is the founder of Yazbeck Investment Group and a former scientist with Pfizer.
Background and education
Yazbeck was born in Michigan, USA to Lebanese-Canadian parents who returned to Canada two years after his birth. He later moved back to the United States in 2002 to start his career. He graduated from McGill University in Montreal with a Masters in Medicinal Chemistry and a minor in Business.
Yazbeck founded Yazbeck Investment Group in 2007 which later became the seed investor in CDx, Inc – the makers of MyDx, the world's first handheld chemical analyzer. Yazbeck, through his company, initially focused on asset backed investments until he started investing in the Legal Cannabis Industry in 2013.
Since 2018, Yazbeck has been working closely with local Lebanese government regulators, scientists, business leaders, and activists to help draft and pass a law to legalize cannabis in Lebanon. On April 21, 2020, Lebanon passed a legislation legalizing medical cannabis cultivation in the country.
- Parija Kavilanz,"This startup wants to prevent another Flint water crisis". CNN. July 28, 2016. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- "MyDX offering at home water test kits for residents near New Wales Mosaic plant". ABC. September 26, 2016. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- "Daniel Yazbeck Founder at Yazbeck Investment Group". CNN. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- Joseph Peña,"Jump-Start Your Startup: 5 Ways to Attract Investors". mjbizmagazine.com. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- "Daniel Yazbeck". twst.com. June 11, 2014. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- David Wagner,"San Diego Startups Giving Marijuana A Makeover But They Can't Say That". kpbs.org. June 11, 2014. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- Max Taves,"Marijuana startups are imitating companies like Airbnb and Dollar Shave Club as they chase anything related to the weed biz. Getting high is just an app away". cnet.com. November 19, 2015. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- Max Taves,"MyDx Details Mission for Crowdsourcing Data from CannaDx Users". markets.financialcontent.com. October 20, 2015. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- "Quantified Self: MyDx Targets a Growing Multi-Billion Dollar Industry". finance.yahoo.com. October 27, 2015. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- "This App Will Test What's in Your Weed". video.vice.com. October 27, 2015. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- "MyDx analyzes what's in your marijuana". bnnbloomberg.ca. July 23, 2020. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- "Green Market Summit". bnnbloomberg.ca. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- "CBD Expo Toura". cbdexpo.net. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- "OTV Lebanon Features Mr. Daniel Yazbeck to Discuss Cannabis Legalization in 2019". cannabisexcellent.com. December 23, 2019. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- "Lebanon becomes first Arab country to legalize cannabis farming". al-monitor.com. April 22, 2020. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
This article "Daniel Rida Yazbeck" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Daniel Rida Yazbeck. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.