|Industry||telecommunication, Electronics, Maritime Industry|
|Headquarters 🏙️||Pandrup, Aalborg, Denmark|
Area served 🗺️
|Claus Christensen, Chairman|
Claus Falk, Vice Chairman
Ove Jensen, CEO
Andy Reynolds, Board Member
Number of employees
Danphone is Danish coastal radio communication and test equipment manufacturing company based outside Aalborg, Denmark.
Danphone was founded in 1990 as a spinoff of the the then leading Danish GSM telephone manufacturing company Dancall. In the beginning the company manufactured Land Mobile Systems and Train Mobile Systems.The first customers were in Norway, Sweden, Egypt, Antarctica, UK, India and Pakistan.
- 1994 Danphone started manufacturing Coastal Radio Systems which has been one of the two main business lines ever since.
- 1995 Danphone initiated a development project with the telecommunication authorities to develop a maritime test equipment for radio surveyors on ship inspections. This led to the development of the Futronic Text box.
- 2000 Danphone went though a management buy out, and Ove Jensen and Jens Lucassen became new owners.
- 2007 Danphone started manufacturing NAVTEX systems. Since then Danphone has delivered over 40 NAVTEX station around the world to countries like India, Cyprus, Seychelles, Iceland, Bermuda, Azerbaijan, Greenland , Egypt, Bermuda.
- 2012 Danphone released the second generation Futronic MKII testbox.
- 2015 Danphone delivered the national GMDSS system for Denmark with Teracom and SAAB. This system is known as Lyngby Radio  
- 2017 Danphone went though another management buy out where Claus Falk, Andy Reynolds and Ove Jensen became new owners.
Products and Systems
During the years, Danphone has specialized in two main focus areas:
Coastal radio communication and safety systems
Danphone develops complete systems for Coast stations, Ports and Off-shore installations.
The systems cover VHF/MF/HF radio, DSC, GMDSS Radio Systems, NAVTEX Transmitters and AIS.
Customers are goverment, network operators, main contractors, system integrators, manufacturing companies etc.
Maritime test equipment: GMDSS all-in-one test box
GMDSS-AIS-SART test boxes are developed and manufactured under the brand name Futronic, whcich are used worldwide for the inspection of communication and navigation equipment on board ships.
The test equipment verifies VHF/MF/HF DSC radios, Cospas-Sarsat, EPIRBs and Personal Locator Beacons, NAVTEX receivers, AIS class A&B, AIS AtoN, AIS SART, MOB Radar SART.
Customers are Radio inspectors, service companies, classification companies, manufacturers, shipping companies etc.
References and Standards
Today, Danphone is a leading global supplier with coastal radio and NAVTEX systems operating in more than 40 countries and more than 2.000 Futronic test boxes in more than 80 countries.
All coastal radio solutions are delivered in compliance with relevant Maritime standards IMO SOLAS and telecommunicationITU specifications, including DSC, voice and data logging, and interface with landline telephones.
Other articles of the topic Companies : 13cm, Moxie (cannabis company), Engineering Software Lab, McDonald's Australia, Vivaan Solar, Rising Northeast, Petroleum Geo-Services
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Lyngby Radio *
- Coast radio station
- SOLAS Convention
- TELE Greenland A/S
- Teracom Kystradio i Danmark
- Skagen Skipperskole surveyor kursus
- TelePost VHF
- Aalborg University innovation workshop
This article "Danphone" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Danphone. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.