Defence and Security Monitor
Defence and Security Monitor
Type of site
|Alexa rank|| 8,110 (Romania, June 2019) |
503,480 (Global, June 2019)
The Defence and Security Monitor is an online media product launched by the Mediafax Media Company, in April 2018., in collaboration with two of military’s field elite, General (r) Ștefan Dănilă, former Chief of the General Staff of the Romanian Army and General-Lieutenant (r) Cristian Dincovici, former military diplomat and chief of the Directorate of Military Intelligence
Besides the published analyzes, the website has congeries with military news, coming from different online sources, divided on different categories: Defence, Budgets, Arms sales, International Security, International Crises, International Organizations, Public Order, Terrorism, Intelligence, Information Warfare, Cyber Security and Legislation.
The Defence and Security Monitor was officially launched on 2nd of April 2018, within the BSDA 2018 exhibition. It is a media product that offers strategic analyzes and future defense and security scenarios and provisions to public and private institutions, political-military policymakers, both businesses and academic environments, as well as to all those interested in informed defense and security perspectives.
Initially, the product stood out thanks to its news aggregation, based on a technology used also on Monitorul de Știri, but also to its analyzes and special reports made by collaborators, which were taken over or quoted by many niche news websites.
Shortly after its launch, the Defence and Security Monitor created also a section with English materials, which was, afterwards, transformed into a different version of the site. In time, the project expanded, creating other products and sub-projects like MASTalks (online talk-shows and interviews), the video section, the possibility to register and sign-in for the premium version of the site which includes the right to republish articles, MAS Conferences (conferences organized by the Defence and Security Monitor) and the MAS Magazine (the publication’s printed version).
Journalists and collaborators
- Andra Voiculescu - Project Manager (currently Publisher for Mediafax’s General Division)
- Indira Crasnea - former editor-in-chief (she left the company in April 2019)
- Dorin Oancea - journalist
- General (r) Ștefan Dănilă - Chief of the General Staff of the Romanian Army
- General-Lieutenant (r) Cristian Dincovici - former military diplomat and chief of the Directorate of Military Intelligence
- Mihai Draghici - editor-in-chief
- Andreea Soare - editor and translator
- General (r) Ștefan Dănilă, Chief of the General Staff of the Romanian Army
- General-Lieutenant (r) Cristian Dincovici, former military diplomat and chief of the Directorate of Military Intelligence
- General (r) Sergiu Medar, former Presidential Adviser and Chief of the National Intelligence Community
- General (r) Ștefan Oprea, former military representative for Romania to NATO and EU
- Prof. Niculae Iancu, former rector at the “Mihai Viteazul” National Intelligence Academy
- General-Major (r) Cristian Eremia, Coordinator of the International Security Program in the Institute for Political Studies of Defence and Military History and former Secretary of State for defence, planning and international relations policy, within the Ministry of National Defence
- Laurențiu Sfinteș, former military diplomat, member of the Professional Journalists Union in Romania
- Colonel (r) Daniel Ilie, former Commander of the Special Operations Forces from Romania’s Army
- Mihai Draghici - editor-in-chief
- Mircea Olteanu - editor
- Nicolae Oprea - reporter
- Marinela Sârbu - editor
MASTalks is a series of online interviews and talk-shows organized by the Defence and Security Monitor, where are analyzed the most recent defence and security topics and subjects, in relation with the foreign policies, international and economic relations. The talk-show is broadcasted weekly on the websites of the Defence and Security Monitor, Mediafax, Gândul and their related Facebook pages. Among the most important people invited to this talk-show are:
- Gabriel Leș, Romanian senator and minister of defence since 20th of November 2018
- Cristian Diaconescu, former Foreign Minister in the Ungureanu Cabinet
- Ovidiu Raețchi, vice-president of the Committee for Defense, Public Order, and National Security within the Chamber of Deputies
- Ion Jinga, Romania’s ambassador to the UN
- Victor Negrescu, former Minister delegate for European Affairs in the Tudose and Dăncilă Cabinets
- Marius-Ioan Piso, president of the Romanian Space Agency (ROSA)
- Continuity and discontinuity in Romania’s defence strategy during the 100 years since Great Union’s foundation - 20 November 2018
- Transatlantic security bridges over increasing security vision gaps - Romania’s perspective - 16 April 2019
The MAS Magazine is the printed version of this media product, launched in the autumn of 2018. It is composed of a series of articles already published on the website and the magazine gets published quarterly.
- Mediafax Group
- Romanian Armed Forces
- Chief of the Romanian General Staff
- Romanian Ministry of National Defence
- Romanian Land Forces
- Romanian Air Force
- Romanian Naval Forces
- Crasnea, Indira (2018-04-02). "Agenţia de presă MEDIAFAX lansează Monitorul Apărării şi Securităţii". Mediafax.ro (in română). Mediafax. Retrieved 2019-06-07.
- "Ștefan Dănilă on LinkedIn". LinkedIn. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "Cristian Dincovici on LinkedIn". LinkedIn. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "The launch of the Defence and Security Monitor (video in Romanian)". YouTube. 27 June 2018. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "Iulian Chifu: O armată europeană autonomă în raport cu NATO este puţin probabilă". Deschide.MD (in română). 5 May 2019. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "Șeful Agenției Spațiale a României: Un Prunariu nu vom mai avea. Șanse pentru programul Marte". Reporter Global (in română). 3 June 2019. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "Ambasadorul Romaniei la ONU: Romania este singura tara din lume care furnizeaza ONU unitati de protectie apropiata". Ziare.com (in română). 1 September 2018. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "MAS Conferences official website". MAS Conferences. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- MAS Magazine. Mediafax. ISSN 2601-9752. Search this book on
- Bunea, Iulia (11 April 2019). "Unul dintre cei mai vechi oameni din Mediafax pleacă din compania lui Adrian Sârbu". Pagina de Media (in română). Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "MAS Talks - Mnistrul Apărării Naţionale, Gabriel Leş: Armata şi Apărarea în România anului 2019". YouTube (in română). 25 March 2019. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "Mersul lumii după întâlnirea finlandeză a preşedinţilor Donald Trump şi Vladimir Putin, INTERVIU cu fostul ministru de Externe Cristian Diaconescu". Mediafax.ro (in română). Mediafax. 17 July 2018. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "MAS Talks: Mersul lumii după întâlnirea finlandeză a preşedinţilor Donald Trump şi Vladimir Putin". YouTube (in română). 17 July 2018. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- ""America first!", primele efecte ale întâlnirii dintre preşedinţii Trump şi Kim". YouTube (in română). 4 July 2018. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "Despre noile legi ale securității și eficiența achizițiilor pentru dotarea armatei". YouTube (in română). 8 August 2018. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "INTERVIU Ion Jinga, ambasadorul României la ONU: Suntem singurul stat care oferă unităţi de 18 oameni pentru paza demnitarilor". Permanent Mission of Romania to the United Nations (in română). 26 April 2019. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "România la masa Națiunilor Unite: șansa de a redeveni membru al Consiliului de Securitate". YouTube (in română). 4 September 2018. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "MAS Talks | pregătirile României pentru preluarea preşedinţiei Consiliului Uniunii Europene". YouTube (in română). 7 September 2018. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- Surcel, Vasile (3 June 2019). "România ar putea să participe la explorarea planetei Marte". Cotidianul (in română). Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "Șeful Agenției Spațiale a României: Un Prunariu nu vom mai avea. Șanse pentru programul Marte". Reporter Global. 3 June 2019. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- "Marius-Ioan Piso: România ar putea participa la misiunea pe planeta Marte". YouTube (in română). 3 June 2019. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- Pintea, Andreea (2018-11-20). "Căprar: "Vom aloca 2% din PIB și în următorii ani pentru apărare"". aradon.ro (in română). Retrieved 2019-06-11.
- "George Ciamba: Zona Mării Negre nu funcționează ca la manual". StirileTVR.ro (in Romanian). TVR. 16 April 2019. Retrieved 2019-06-11.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
ro:Monitorul Apărării și Securității
This article "Defence and Security Monitor" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Defence and Security Monitor. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.