Design-Altruism-Project is a website dedicated to the social design space and shifting attitudes toward professional practice in design. Articles deal with a number of topics including popular culture, philanthropy, design criticism, social design endeavors, decolonization, and both professional and DIY design. Prominent features include an African Journal series of design essays about Africa, a similar Indian Journal, and a category of essays by young designers working internationally entitled Ex Patria. From 2006 until 2015, notable design historian Victor Margolin wrote a regular column for Design-Altruism-Project, essays that remain available on the site.
D-A-P was founded in 2006 by David Stairs, design instructor and founder of Designers Without Borders. A number of prominent designers, design writers, and activists have written for the site including Wes Janz, John Thackara, Olon Dotson, Wendy MacNaughton, Arvind Lodaya, Daniel Drennan ElAwar, David Korten, and Carter Scholz. In 2011 Design-Altruism-Project was included in Blogs, Mad About Design, a compendium of design weblogs from around the world.
- Blogs : mad about design. Vilaseca, Estel., San Martin, Macarena. Singapore: Page One. 2009. ISBN 9789812457158. OCLC 317654540. Search this book on
- Lasky, Julie (October 2009). "The Kindness of Strangers". Design Observer. Unknown parameter
- Chick, Anne; Micklethwaite, Paul (2011). Design for Sustainable Change. Lausanne: AVA. pp. 68–69. ISBN 978-2-940411-30-6. Search this book on
- Margolin, Victor (Summer 2007). "Design, the Future and the Human Spirit". Design Issues. 23 (3): 11 – via JSTOR.
- Cajilig, Pamela (2014). "ANTHROPOLOGY OF, FOR, AND WITH DESIGN: A PHILIPPINE PERSPECTIVE". AGHAM TAO. 23: 14, 16. ISSN 0118-4857.
This article "Design-Altruism-Project" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Design-Altruism-Project. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.