Dig That, Zeebo Newton (film)
|Dig That, Zeebo Newton|
|Music by||Muck Sticky|
Elmore Ridge Productions
Dig That, Zeebo Newton is a 2018 independent drama co-written, directed, and produced by multi-faceted artist Muck Sticky and his mother, author Linda Kaye Lowery. It stars Muck Sticky as well as his supporting cast Jerry Lawler, Amy LaVere, Al Kapone. 
Plot[edit | edit source]
Zeebo Newton lives in a small town with his mom, and his younger sister who was born with William’s Syndrome. Growing up, they were both bullied by most of the kids in town, and they still get bullied as adults. After getting fired, threatened with eviction, rejected by the girl of his dreams, and watching his best friend die, he’s at an all-time low.
When Zeebo turns to his elderly mentor for advice, he learns that Milton is in jeopardy of losing the general store he has owned for decades. Zeebo can’t let this happen!
On the outskirts of town lives the Hammerhead family. They are rough, dirty, mean, inbred, backwoods bullies whom everyone in town fears. They frequently invade the general store and take whatever they want, which is why Milton is broke has no other option but to sell.
In an effort to clear his thoughts Zeebo retreats to the only place where he feels at peace: a secluded pond in the woods. Without warning, he gets attacked by the Hammerheads and held prisoner in their basement. Will he rise to the challenge and fight for his life, his family, his friends, and the town he loves? Or will he be a coward like always? It’s time to see what Zeebo Newton is made of!
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Muck Sticky as Zeebo Newton
- Linda Kaye Lowery as Stella
- Jessica Osburn as Jessi-Rae
- Keith Sykes as Milton
- Willie "Too Big" Hall as Albert
- Billy Pounds as Hiram
- Leo Awgowhat as Herschel
- Amy LaVere as Missy
- Wade Long as Frank
- Wayne Swinny as Rusy
- Al Kapone as Larry
- Jonathan Priest as Jack
- Nathan Cox as Dwayne
- Doug Ammons as Deputy Walters
- Lil Wyte as Jered
- Cedric Coleman as Terrence as Frayser Boy
- Randy Timberlake as Pastor Graham
- Clinton McCaig as Hugo
- Chris Person as Winston
- Jerry "The King" Lawler as Sheriff Dickson
- Sugarpuss as Herself
- Eddie Lou Edwards as Miss Ella
- Mark Lovell as Mister Owens
- Leon Griffin as Himself
- Kathy Jacobson as Miss Betty
- Michelle Pounds as Valerie
- Wendy Pettie as Holly
- Michael Pounds as Himself
- Henry Goodman as Melvin
- Wendell Spencer as Rick
- Ricky Greenway as The Farmer
- Lindysue Covinton as Sherilyn
Track Listing[edit | edit source]
- "Life Goes On"
- "Hand Of Fate"
- "Figure It Out Together"
Awards and Recognition[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Beifuss, John (Jan 24, 2018). "What if Muck Sticky, Jerry Lawler, Amy LaVere, Al Kapone and a rattlesnake made a movie?". Commercial Appeal. Retrieved Jan 24, 2018.
His supporting cast represents a who's who of distinctive Memphians, including singer-songwriters Keith Sykes and Amy LaVere; Stax drummer and "Blues Brothers" band member Willie "Too Big" Hall; newscaster Leon Griffin; Oscar-winning hip-hop artist Frayser Boy and fellow rappers Al Kapone and Lil Wyte; Randy Timberlake, the father of Justin; and professional wrestler Jerry "The King" Lawler, who — cast as a redneck sheriff
- Zeebo Newton on IMDB
- Official Website
- Zeebo Newton on iTunes
- Article from KFMX 94.5
- Interview with WREG Memphis News
- YouTube Interview from WREG NEWS
- Article 1 from Commercial Appeal
- Article 2 from Commercial Appeal
This article "Dig That, Zeebo Newton (film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Dig That, Zeebo Newton (film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.