|First appearance||White Dwarf #6 (April 1978)|
In the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game, the disenchanter is a type of magical beast.
The disenchanter first appeared in White Dwarf #6 (April 1978). The disenchanter appeared in the original first edition Fiend Folio (1981).
The disenchanter appeared in the second edition for the Forgotten Realms setting in Pages from the Mages (1995), and was reprinted in Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume Three (1996).
The disenchanter appeared in the third edition Fiend Folio (2003).
A disenchanter resembles a single-humped camel with a prehensile trunk. A disenchanter can sense magic, which it consumes for sustenance by draining it from magic items and storing the magical energy in its hump.
The disenchanter appeared in the Tome of Horrors (2002) from Necromancer Games.
The disenchanter is fully detailed in Paizo Publishing's book Misfit Monsters Redeemed (2010), on pages 22–27.
The disenchanter appeared on Geek.com's list of "The most underrated monsters of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons".
- Turnbull, Don, ed. Fiend Folio (TSR, 1981)
- Pickens, Jon, ed. Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume Three (TSR, 1996)
- Cagle, Eric, Jesse Decker, James Jacobs, Erik Mona, Matt Sernett, Chris Thomasson, and James Wyatt. Fiend Folio (Wizards of the Coast, 2003)
- Green, Scott; Peterson, Clark (2002). Tome of Horrors. Necromancer Games. pp. 107–108. ISBN 1-58846-112-2. Search this book on
- McComb, Colin, Rob McCreary, and James L. Sutter. Misfit Monsters Redeemed (Paizo, 2010)
- "The most underrated monsters of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons". 2016-06-27.
This article "Disenchanter" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Disenchanter. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.