Don't Matter to Me
|"Don't Matter to Me"|
|Single by Drake featuring Michael Jackson|
|from the album Scorpion|
|Released||July 10, 2018|
"Don't Matter to Me" is a song by Canadian musician Drake from his fifth studio album Scorpion (2018). It is set to be released to rhythmic radio on July 10, 2018 as the album's fifth single.
The song features posthumous vocals from Michael Jackson, taken from part of an unreleased but recorded 1983 session between Jackson and Canadian singer-songwriter Paul Anka. "Love Never Felt So Good", released on Xscape, and "This Is It", also came from the same session; Anka is therefore credited as a songwriter on all three songs.
Background[edit | edit source]
First worked on as a demo, Jackson co-wrote the song during a 1983 recording session with Paul Anka.
Critical reception[edit | edit source]
Personnel[edit | edit source]
- Noel Cadastre – recording engineering
- Noah Shebib – production, recording engineering
- Noel "Gadget" Campbell – mixing
- Harley Arsenault – assistant mixing
- Greg Moffet – assistant mixing
- Ronald Moonoo – assistant mixing
- Michael Jackson – sampled background vocals
- Nineteen85 – production
Release history[edit | edit source]
|United States||July 10, 2018||Rhythmic contemporary||
References[edit | edit source]
- "Michael Jackson returns posthumously on Drake album". 29 June 2018.
- "Drake's new album 'Scorpion' - release date, tracklist, tour dates and everything we know so far - NME". NME. 28 June 2018.
- "Drake Reveals 'Scorpion' Features, Including Michael Jackson & Jay-Z". Billboard.
- "Top 40-Rhythmic Future Releases". All Access. Archived from the original on July 3, 2018.
- "TMZ". m.tmz.com.
- "Drake's "Don't Matter to Me" Features Michael Jackson Vocals". 29 June 2018.
- "Drake's Favorite Collaborators are Ghosts". Rollings Stone.
- "On Scorpion, Drake loses sight of his own essence". Entertainment Weekly.
- "Drake, Scorpion album review: Lacks a sting in the tail". The Independent.
- "Scorpion / Drake TIDAL". Tidal. Retrieved July 3, 2018.
This article "Don't Matter to Me" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Don't Matter to Me. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.