|Born||August 3, 1983|
|🏡 Residence||Singapore, Japan, Philippines, Cambodia|
|Ngee Ann Polytechnic|
Co-Founder & CEO of GBCI Ventures
💵 Salary :
|📆 Years active||1997–present|
|👩 Spouse(s)||Kanna Kawaguchi|
|👴 👵 Parent(s)||Richard Gan, Mary Jane Tan|
|🌐 Website||Douglas Gan Linkedin account|
Douglas Gan 颜義东 (born 3 August 1983) is a serial technopreneur, investor, venture builder and a thought leader in smart city solution using blockchain technology. He currently serves as the co-founder and CEO of GBCI Ventures, a US$100M Smart City Investment Fund and co-founder and Executive Director of iFashion Group. He is also an angel investor investing in startups in Southeast Asia.
Douglas’ entrepreneur spirit started in year 2008, where he founded ShowNearby, a location-based mobile application that won multiple awards in Asia. By 2018, he had founded 6 companies which were then later sold to MNCs, including the sale of iFashion Group to MC Payment for S$25 Million.
His achievement can be marked by winning the Young Professional of the Year by Singapore Computer Society in Year 2011. In addition, he received the top 25 Outstanding Alumni Award in Technopreneurship from Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore.
Gan was a school dropout who started his first business attempt at the age of four when he was still in kindergarten. He sold toy cars for $2 apiece and later, was selling marbles, bubble gums, chewing gums, stickers, stamps and Dragon Ball Cards, amassing a small fortune of $15,000 by 11. At 12, he started selling Magic: The Gathering Card Games and made more than $20,000 throughout his secondary school education of 4 years.
Gan's first business was incorporated by his mother. In an article in The New Paper, he is quoted as saying: "She became my admin assistant and my accountant. She was with me every step of the way."
In 2008, Gan founded ShowNearby, a location based mobile application that won multiple awards in Asia.
In 2012, Gan founded VanityTrove, a beauty sampling business.
In 2014, Gan founded iFashion Group together with Fatfish Co-Founder, Chairman and CEO Lau Kin Wai. In 2016, iFashion Group raised US$736,000 to help 3 to 5 year old fashion startups with mentorship, marketing, logistics, warehousing, sales, fulfillment, and financial services.
In 2019, Gan founded GBCI Ventures together with ex-ShowNearby Co-Founder and CTO Lee Changjin. GBCI
Among the awards and recognition Gan has received for his entrepreneurial achievements are:
- 2011: Named a "Young Professional of The Year" by Singapore Computer Society from Singapore Minister for the Minister of Communications and Information & the Arts, awarded by the MICA Minister Lui Tuck Yew 2011年：新加坡計算器學會被新加坡傳播與資訊與藝術部部長提名為“年度青年專業人士”，由MICA部長Lui Tuck Yew頒獎
- 2012: Named a "Outstanding Alumni Award" at the Ngee Ann Polytechnic Alumni 50th Anniversary" awarded by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong  2012年：于“義安理工學院校友50周年”由李顯龍總理頒發“傑出校友獎”
Gan studied at Ngee Ann Polytechnic in 2003 graduating with a Cambridge IT Skills Diploma., and was previously from Ngee Ann Primary and Secondary School.
Gan tried a year at UOL in Singapore from Stansfield University for a double degree in Economics and Management, dropping out after 2 semesters to focus on OhGenki, an online forum.
- Singapore-based GBCI Ventures opens US$100m smart city fund, 23 January 2019
- Smart city-focused venture funds launch in Singapore with $160m kitty Read more at: https://www.dealstreetasia.com/stories/smart-city-funds-singapore-118534/, 23 January 2019
- New $100m fund launches in Singapore to invest in smart cities,23 January 2019
- iFashion Group acquires Megafash for US$2.48M, 9 February 2017
- More can be done to boost private funding: Investors, 9 February 2017
- , 3 May 2018
- IT role models honoured at SCS Gala Dinner, 4 March 2011
- PM Lee graces Ngee Ann Poly’s 50th anniversary Archived 2016-03-05 at the Wayback Machine, 3 May 2013
- 8 Entrepreneurs In Singapore Who Proved That You Don't Need A Business Degree To Succeed, 21 November 2016
- The Entrepreneur Who Lost it All, and Made It Back Again, 3 December 2012
- Entrepreneur could not have done it without mother, 26 March 2016
- "ShowNearby Corporate Website". Archived from the original on 2017-03-04. Retrieved 2017-03-03. Unknown parameter
- Serial Entrepreneur joins beauty business Archived 2017-03-04 at the Wayback Machine, 16 February 2013
- The men behind booking apps for beauty and wellness, 27 June 2016
- Taking the beauty biz straight to customers, 26 August 2015
- On-demand beauty services through an app Archived 2017-03-04 at the Wayback Machine, 1 September 2015]
- Fatfish-backed venture platform iFashion Group raises $730k from Rimu, 22 Mar 2016
- Singapore’s iFashion raises funding to help small online fashion retailers grow bigger, 22 Mar 2016
- Singapore’s GBCI Ventures launches US$100M fund for Smart City development, 26 January 2019
- "Mr Douglas Gan, Young Professional of the Year, 2011". SCS. Singapore Computer Society. 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2015.
- "PM Lee Launches Ngee Ann Poly's 4th Strategic Plan". NgeeAnn. NgeeAnn. Archived from the original on 29 June 2015. Retrieved 27 October 2015. Unknown parameter
This article "Douglas Gan" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Douglas Gan. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.