|Developer(s)||Federico Parodi, Stefano Verna, Nils Maier|
|Initial release||August 13, 2004|
DownThemAll! (DTA) was a cross-platform download manager/accelerator extension for the Mozilla Firefox web browser, licensed under the GNU General Public License. It could pause and restart supporting downloads at any time, without losing data, and enabled users to download all the links, images or embedded objects contained in a webpage. Both HTTP and FTP protocols were supported.
History[edit | edit source]
One of the main features of DownThemAll! was the capability for multi-part download. This feature was similar to features in GetRight and Download Accelerator Plus. When enabled, this allowed the user to download the file in pieces, then combine the pieces after a completed download; thus increasing the download speed when connected to a slow server. 1.0b1 added Metalink support which allowed multiple URLs for each file to be passed to DTA, along with checksums and other information.
DownThemAll! stopped working with the release of Firefox Quantum (Version 57), due to changes in the API. The developer declared that the new version would have limited functionality but remains in development.
Reception[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topic Free software : KWin, ChatEngine, Smartlist, Android (operating system), Ancestris, Open Space Program, Pcb-rnd
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
References[edit | edit source]
- "LICENSE". DownThemAll! team. 2013-06-12. Retrieved 2016-10-05.
- "DownThemAll! » Features". www.downthemall.net. Archived from the original on 2007-04-23. Retrieved 2007-05-01.
- Williams, Mike (2016-11-06). "DownThemAll 3.0.8 - Internet Tools - Downloads". Macworld UK. Archived from the original on 2018-09-14. Retrieved 2018-09-14.
- Larkin, Erik (2011-08-03). "DownThemAll". PCWorld. Archived from the original on 2016-04-28. Retrieved 2018-09-14.
- Rosenblatt, Seth (2011-01-19). "DownThemAll". Download.com. Archived from the original on 2018-09-14. Retrieved 2018-09-14.
- Cirneala, Sorin. "DownThemAll!". Softpedia. Archived from the original on 2018-09-14. Retrieved 2018-09-14.
- "DownThemAll! » (Lack of) Progress". www.downthemall.net. Archived from the original on 2018-01-29. Retrieved 2018-01-28.
- Trapani, Gina. "Geek to Live: Supercharge your Firefox downloads with DownThemAll". Lifehacker. Archived from the original on 2007-04-20. Retrieved 2007-05-01.
- "Gallery: Best Firefox Add-Ons: DownThemAll!". Wired. Archived from the original on 2007-02-14. Retrieved 2007-05-01."Gallery: Best Firefox Add-Ons: DownThemAll!". Wired.
- "DownThemAll!: Runter mit den Klamotten!". Spiegel Online GmbH. 26 July 2006. Archived from the original on 2018-01-30. Retrieved 2018-09-22 – via Spiegel Online.
- Running, Jordan. "Article - How to Download Many Files From a Web Page at Once". www.tucows.com. Tucows. Archived from the original on 2007-04-19. Retrieved 2007-05-01.
[edit | edit source]
This article "DownThemAll!" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:DownThemAll!. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.