KGet on KDE Plasma 5.10.5, showing an ongoing download
|Initial release||May 26, 2002|
2.95.0 (17.12.2) / February 8, 2018
|License||GNU General Public License|
Search KGet on Amazon.
KGet is a free download manager for KDE, and is part of the KDE Network package. By default it is the download manager used for Konqueror, but can also be used with Mozilla Firefox and rekonq. KGet was featured by Tux Magazine and Free Software Magazine.
On KDE 3, KGet 0.8.x, 1 supported HTTP/FTP download. On KDE Software Compilation 4, KGet 2 was released; it supported bandwidth throttling segmentation, multi-threading, and the BitTorrent protocol.
- Downloading files from FTP, HTTP(S) and BitTorrent sources.
- Pausing and resuming of downloading files, as well as the ability to restart a download.
- Gives of information about current and pending downloads.
- Embedding into system tray of the host system.
- Integration with the KDE Konqueror and Rekonq web browsers.
- Metalink support which contain multiple URLs for downloads, along with checksums and other information.
- Automatically tags downloaded files with download information (such as the download URL) using Nepomuk.
- Download from multiple servers to speed up download time (segmented file transfer).
Other articles of the topic Free software : GunDB, CometVisu, HomeBank, ARAS (software), OpenKore, Datafari, ChatEngine
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- "KGET Advanced Download Manage". SourceForge. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- Upfold, Peter (July 23, 2008). "Using KGet Download Manager with Firefox". FOSSwire.
- "Simplify Downloads With Kget". TUX Magazine. 2005-03-29. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- Richmond, Gary (2007-10-08). "Managing and configuring downloads with KGet". Free Software Magazine. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- Marinof, Mihai (9 October 2006). "KGet Review". Softpedia. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- "'Multi segment KIO' is available by default in KGet".
- "Question: I want to download 1 file, but open, let's say, 8 connections for that file to a faster download".
- Lua error in Module:Official_website at line 90: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
|This KDE-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "KGet" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:KGet. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.