|GetRight 6.3e in Windows XP|
GetRight 6.3e in Windows XP
|Original author(s)||Michael Burford|
|Initial release||February 1997|
|Operating system||Windows 9x, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista|
|Available in||10 languages|
GetRight is a shareware download manager developed by Michael Burford. Burford's company, Headlight Software, first published the program in 1997. At the time of its release, one of GetRight's defining features was its ability to resume an interrupted download.
GetRight is able to pause and resume downloads, download from multiple servers to speed up download time (segmented file transfer), scheduling the starting and stopping of downloads and shutting off the computer or disconnecting the modem when the downloads have finished. It is also able to integrate with Microsoft's Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox with the FlashGot extension. It features support for the BitTorrent protocol, Metalink, and podcast support, along with built-in verification MD5 and SHA-1 checksums. In its time it was a well known download manager.
Version 6 is available in two license modes: Standard and Pro. "Standard" is the continuation of previous versions, while "Pro" contains new features like: upload capability, using scripts for programming its tasks, a simple web server (called "Web Access"), ability to act as a proxy server or work in a Client/Server mode when using two or more computers in a network.
- Michael Burford. "A History of GetRight and Michael Burford's Projects". Headlight Software. Retrieved 17 November 2009.
- "Getright Deluxe 3 Review" PC Pro http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/utilities/43332/reget-deluxe-3-3 PCPro[dead link]
- Getright PC Mag https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1094896,00.asp PC Mag
- "Review: Getright". Practical PC UK. Archived from the original on 11 October 2011.
- "Software review Getright 4" CNET http://reviews.cnet.com/software/getright-4-5d/4505-3513_7-20030298.html?tag=api&subj=re CNet
- Getright Software Review http://www.digi.no/digi98.nsf/pub/shareware990928 Norwegian review
- "Getright Pro Review" Softpedia http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/GetRight-Pro-Review-25977.shtml
This article "GetRight" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:GetRight. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.