|File:19309 profile thumb200.jpg |
|Born||16 August 1956citation needed] (age 66)[|
Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
|🏫 Education||Indira Gandhi Government Medical College, Nagpur|
|👩 Spouse(s)||Sujatha Sagdeo|
|🏅 Awards||Padma Shri 2021|
Dr. Dhananjay Diwakar Sagdeo is a doctor working amongst the tribes of Wayanad, and he is well known for identifying sickle cell anaemia (SCA) among the tribals. He is the CMO of Swami Vivekananda Medical Mission, Kerala. He was awarded India's fourth highest civilian award the Padma Shri in 2021.
Early Life and Education
He was born in Nagpur, Maharashtra and Completed his schooling from Hadas High School Nagpur and completed his MBBS from Indira Gandhi Government Medical College, Nagpur.
He dedicated his life for the service of the tribal people in Wayanad. Dr Dhananjay and his team took medical care to the hamlet and started interacting with them to understand the issues. He had a tough time convincing the Tribals to believe in Modern medicines; Apart from poverty and malnutrition among the tribals, many believed that diseases were a punishment from God. Because of his tireless dedication he found a peculiar health issue with the tribals, which he finally diagnosed it as sickle cell anemia. He informed AIIMS about the disease and AIIMS started a 4 year project in Wayanad.
- "A Nagpur doctor who turned messiah for Wayanad tribals | Kozhikode News - Times of India". The Times of India.
- Prabhu, Santhosh (2 June 2013). "Nar Sewa Narayan Sewa: My visit to Swami Vivekananda Medical Mission, Wayanad, Kerala".
- "Swami Vivekananda Medical Mission". www.svmm.org.
- "Kerala". Mathrubhumi.
- ഡോ ധനഞ്ജയ് ദിവാകര് സാംഗ്ദേക്ക് പത്മശ്രീ പുരസ്കാരം [Dr. Dhananjay Divakar Sangdek receives Padma Shri award]. Kairoli News Online (in മലയാളം). 25 January 2021 – via www.kairalinewsonline.com.
- "Dr. Dhananjay Diwakar Sagdeo: Latest News, Updates on Dr. Dhananjay Diwakar Sagdeo | Madhyamam മാധ്യമം". www.madhyamam.com.
- "Dr.Sagdeo's inspiring work in Kerala". 18 February 2014.
- Jan 28, K. R. Rajeev / TNN /; 2021; Ist, 09:17. "A Nagpur doctor who turned messiah for Wayanad tribals | Kozhikode News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2021-01-28.
- "Award is for those serving humanity selflessly: Dr Sagdeo | Nagpur News - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Kerala: Padma Bhushan for K S Chithra, four others get Padma Shri | Thiruvananthapuram News - Times of India". The Times of India.
|This Indian medicine-related biographical article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Dr. Dhananjay Diwakar Sagdeo" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Dr. Dhananjay Diwakar Sagdeo. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.